About the Position
The Analyst will play a key role within Gray Capital, an investment fund with interests in
real estate, private equity, and venture. You will report to the Managing Partner of Gray
Capital to support the organization on a variety of projects key to the success of
the business. In this role, you will be responsible for screening, due diligence, financial
modeling, and valuation.
The Analyst’s time will be divided between working with the Managing Partner of Gray
Capital to identify, vet, lead and manage the investments of the fund outside of Graycor and
helping Graycor management develop and formalize investment opportunities within
Assignments can be short in duration and well defined, or they can be longer in duration and
require significant investigation and planning prior to implementation. Similarly, Analysts
may work as part of a cross-functional team on certain projects, and they may also work
independently or one-on-one with senior managers.
Typical Projects and Assignments
Examples of project assignments include:
• Working directly with the co-chairman in vetting/tracking potential real estate
• Formulate monthly and annual reviews of area real estate portfolio.
• Assemble corporate real estate portfolio analysis and reporting.
• Performing research to generating various case studies/white papers on a variety of real
estate investment topics.
• Analyzing our current and future real estate (lease management, property disposition,
corporate space planning, etc.) and interacting with brokers as needed.
• Research various business initiatives based on strategic business planning sessions and
develop case studies/white papers for senior leadership review and consideration.
• Frequent travel between the downtown office and the local Oakbrook or Portage offices
as well as regular short trips to our remote offices/projects across the country as needed.
• Performing research and analysis to support business planning initiatives and key
• Other duties as assigned.
To Be Successful in this Position, You Will Need:
• An undergraduate degree with a high GPA from a selective four-year university with a
transcript offering evidence of strong performance in both quantitative and verbal areas
• Three to six years of post-undergraduate work experience relevant to the activities listed
above; previous work experience in real estate investment required.
• Strong skills in writing reports, proposals, and white papers demonstrated the ability to write
precisely, effectively, and persuasively. Ability to speak and write clearly.
• To be poised, pleasant, polished, and professional, and unintimidated if asked to visit a
steel mill or reach out for a meeting with a senior level executive.
• A can do/proactive attitude.
• Ability to travel as needed and able to work between downtown and Oakbrook offices
and potentially other offices/projects across the country.
• Maturity and integrity – this person will see and hear many things that are confidential.
Must be mature enough to be trusted with that information.
• Ability to work with someone who is “always on.” This person needs to be excited
enough about the exposure and opportunities this role affords.
• Strong computer skills (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM Software, etc.)
• A strong sense of urgency and a positive, proactive desire to support a broad range of
initiatives and tasks.
• Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and the ability to manage multiple, competing
• Problem-solving and critical thinking skills with an analytical, metrics-driven approach
• The ability to interact professionally and effectively with managers, internal and external
customers, suppliers, and executives.