- Education & Training: Minimum of high school graduation with additional college-level courses (2 years). Training will need to show that the candidate is familiar with architectural and structural drawings and the relationship with 3D visualization. Will need to exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience: Minimum of five years experience in the manufacturing/construction-
related industry. Proven skills in commercial architectural and structural drawings reading, understanding and interpretation.
- Other: Self-motivated with the ability to produce independently, strong communication skills, working knowledge of computerized spreadsheets and high standards of honesty, integrity and commitment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performing the duties of estimating proposed construction projects
- Quoting and tracking national accounts
- Reporting new leads to the Architectural Sales Manager or the Estimating Manager
- Receive and prioritize customers’ project drawings and requests for quotes
- Quickly and accurately interpret commercial architectural and structural drawings
- Make comprehensive analysis of project scope
- Make an accurate takeoff of all materials required
- Keep records of upcoming quotes
- Review completed summary of project with General Manager or Estimating Manager
- Maintain quote files in orderly manner
- Once the project is set up, the Estimator must lead a project start-up meeting to discuss and convey scope to Project Manager and Draftsperson
- Compensation commensurate with skill level
- Health insurance (medical, dental and vision)
- 401k plan with contribution matching
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program