As an Assistant Project Manager with Graycor Construction Company, you will closely assist the Project Manager in driving successful project results, from preconstruction through final closeout in the safest manner possible while maintaining the highest quality standards.
AS AN ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER, YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Ensure all safety and quality program compliance on the project site. You will initiate weekly project safety meetings for on-site supervisors and labor force.
- Supervise the project activities of the on-site project engineer, field superintendents, and administrative personnel. Organize and plan the execution of the physical work.
- Interface directly with the client. Communicate periodic project status and represent Graycor in meetings.
- Develop and maintain the provisions and requirements of all contract documents, including plans, specifications, owner’s contract, subcontracts and purchase orders. Review and approve subcontractor and vendor invoices and change requests. Negotiate contract changes with client, with Project Manager’s guidance.
- Maintain strict control of the project budget for each work activity.
- Assist with project schedule development and direct its long term planning and execution. Coordinate schedule & plan with subcontractors and vendors.
- Openly and confidently communicate with all other parties involved with the project, establishing trust and rapport with owners, architects, engineers, and subcontractors.
- Be involved in bidding, pre-construction services, budgeting and Continuous Improvement Programs.TO BE A SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL NEED:
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant construction operations experience working in various general commercial building markets. Our typical project portfolio includes retail mall development, entertainment/ recreational, hospitality/lodging, office, logistics/distribution and cold storage, manufacturing, and green/ LEED building industries.
- A bachelor degree, preferably in construction management, engineering or a related field.
- The ability to travel extensively and temporarily reside at the project site for extended periods of time, with travel home provided every other weekend.
- The desire to succeed. Our best Assistant Project Managers are strong leaders—self-starters who drive excellence and meet high standards.
- Effective communication skills to motivate your team, delegate tasks, and present proposals to clients with competence and confidence.
- The fortitude to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Multi-tasking with a sense of urgency while maintaining strong attention to detail and accuracy is crucial.
- Ability to maintain critical path project schedules using scheduling software. We use Primavera v6.
- Well-developed financial skills including budgeting, forecasting, and analyzing financial statements.
WHY JOIN OUR GROWING, DYNAMIC TEAM? Building Your Future is How We Build Ours. At Graycor, we seek out those with the highest potential and provide an empowering environment with tools that allow you to take ownership in your career development.
Stability Means Staying Ahead of the Curve. Graycor is committed to continuous improvement and reinvesting in evolving technologies. To ensure stability, we have a diversified project portfolio in a broad range of niche markets nationwide.
We Are Family. This is why we have an intense commitment to Safety. We want to make sure that every member of our Graycor family goes home each day to theirs. Our family-owned company also sponsors wellness and charitable events, casual employee get-togethers, lunch and learns, and other fun social events.
Our Greatest Asset? Our Name. Reputation is grown over time. Our dedication to our people and building trust has enabled us to cultivate long-term relationships with each other, our clients, and our partners.
Join the Graycor Family of Companies.
We’re Building Something More.
ABOUT THE GRAYCOR FAMILY OF COMPANIES
Established in 1921, the Graycor Companies provide General Contracting and Construction Management services to a wide variety of industrial and commercial construction markets across the US, Canada and Mexico. As a top ranking industry leader, Graycor commits to safe working environments, demands excellence and rewards passion.
As a diversified leader, we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
For more information, visit our website at www.graycor.com
The Graycor family of companies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer