Founded in 2014, Bridgit is a software company focused on helping the construction industry leverage their workforce productively. Recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in Canada by The Globe & Mail for the 2nd year in a row with 2.5x growth over the past year.
In 2020 alone we raised $7 million USD from investors such as Autodesk and Salesforce Ventures to help accelerate our growth in 2021 and beyond.
Our flagship solution, Bridgit Bench, is recognized as the #1 construction resource management solution. Developed in collaboration with our clients, it drives operational efficiency, mitigates risk, and increases profitability for contractors.
Can you help us make construction less complicated? We’d love to hear from you.
What you will do
The Backend Developer will design, experiment, test and build new solutions and extend existing ones. You know what SOLID stands for and why the concepts are important. At Bridgit, you can expect to work as an integrated product development team. Designers, developers, and testers work together with no silos or artificial barriers.
You will be working on Bridgit Bench which:
- Runs on AWS
- Is made up of services made with C# (.NET Core), Go, and Node.js
- Has both REST and Graphql APIs
- Runs in Kubernetes on infrastructure managed as code with Terraform
- Leverages serverless technologies like AWS Lambda
- Is continually deployed to production via automated CI/CD pipelines
- Experience building quality software with a deep knowledge of one or more OOP languages
- Eager to develop and ship SaaS products
- Proficiency in developing & debugging software that employs multithreading, caching and persistent data stores
- Ability to build and maintain code as part of a SoA/microservice system
- An enthusiasm for staying up to date on current technologies and development methods
- A desire to teach and learn from your peers
- Flexibility in how you work as well as options for working locations in Kitchener or Toronto
- Competitive salary, options, and benefits including unlimited vacation and 4-hour Fridays
- A fast-paced, autonomous environment with the opportunity to make an impact quickly
- A culture that encourages innovation and professional growth, among other things
We recognize many of the skills we’ve developed over our careers are often transferable. We believe that creativity, enthusiasm, and drive are the keys to success. If you’re not sure you meet every qualification but feel you have other experience relevant to the role, we encourage you to apply.
At Bridgit, we are committed to diversity, equality and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process, please advise us of any needs as required.