As a BIM Coordinator for Graycor, you will coordinate the use of building information modeling and virtual design and construction processes on various construction projects. This includes, but not limited to, introducing BIM processes new to the company in all phases of the project and communicating those processes to the wider project team. Maintain positive relationships with all collaborators including design partners, preconstruction teams, project teams, and subcontractor / trade partners.
After success on initial projects, this role has room to grow into a broader role implementing successful process across the company and assisting the Director of Construction Technology on testing, piloting and implementing other new technologies.
At Graycor, You Will Have the Opportunity to:
- Coordinate / drive BIM / VDC related workflows including constructing and analyzing three-dimensional digital models for project constructability analysis, coordination activities, quantity takeoffs, conceptual estimates, value engineering, scheduling and other various purposes.
- Set BIM/VDC project service goals, plans, message, and schedules. Produce estimates for BIM / VDC related project services.
- Audit three-dimensional models received from design and trade partners to assess project risks.
- Construct three-dimensional models for various purposes.
- Evaluate project design documentation and schedule for project opportunities and risks.
- Support project teams by authoring components of technical proposals, technology planning and presentations.
- Review the development of graphic communication media for clarity and completeness. Edit content where required.
- Advise and train / educate staff where needed on the value that BIM / VDC can bring to project outcomes.
- Work collaboratively with project teams to ensure BIM/VDC goals are met and leveraged through all project stages and phases from concept through preconstruction to operations and closeout.
- Resolve competing interests between project participants as needed.
- Serve as consultant/subject matter expert of BIM / VDC and best practices to internal project teams, end-user groups, owners and clients.
To Be Successful in This Role, You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, construction, construction technology, or related industry.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in BIM coordination on construction projects.
- Proficiency with some of the following: Three-dimensional modeling (Autodesk Revit or similar), drafting, visual scheduling (P6 or Synchro), graphic design, animation, audio/video production, audio/video editing, LiDAR and SLAM capture, and collaboration tools (Autodesk Navisworks or similar).
- Collaborative mindset; critical thinking abilities; verbal, written, and graphic communication skills; and knowledge of construction contract documents are required.
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and the ability to produce high quality work with minimal oversight in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to travel regularly to other offices and project sites as needed. Anticipated travel to be between 20% to 50%