Are you a professional service manager with BIM experience ready to join a cutting edge AEC team? Microdesk is searching for an architect or professional with architecture background with BIM management and BIM project management experience who will be responsible for providing BIM technology support for a high profile client the Orlando, FL area.
This candidate will be responsible for providing top notch BIM Support and assist in a wide range of initiatives involving various technologies such as Revit, Rhino, Glue, Navisworks, among others. There will also be the future opportunity to support additional clients, ranging from government to commercial to institutional organizations.
What’s GREAT about a career with Microdesk?
Microdesk combines technology and business process consulting to help firms successfully plan, design, build and operate land and buildings. With Microdesk, you are part of a company that is delivering solutions to improve the entire project delivery process, from planning and design, to construction and operations & maintenance. We combine vision with the latest tools and the talent of individuals from every corner of the industry to bring our clients’ projects to life. A career with Microdesk is a rewarding way to contribute to a variety of projects that help our clients throughout the AECO industry not only realize what is possible today, but also envision the future.
- Create initial project setup with workflow documents
- Draft BIM Execution plans
- Quantify and Strategize around the use of BIM in a project
- Define and communicate project goals and milestones
- Facilitate project kick-off meetings and follow-up activities
- Work as part of a project team to achieve consistent results
- Provide over-the-shoulder training and mentoring on various common Platforms such as Revit, Rhino, Glue and Navisworks.
- Define workflows and micro-workflows
- Perform BIM Management related tasks
- Act as a BIM Champion assigned to a project(s)
- Must have an Architectural or Engineering Degree
- Professional registration (PE, RA, AIA, PMP, etc) and industry accreditations (LEED AP, GISP) preferred
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a professional environment
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience using and supporting Autodesk products, including Revit Architecture, Revit MEP,
- Revit Structure, AutoCAD, Glue and / or Navisworks
- Working knowledge of Rhino and SketchUp a plus
- Working knowledge of design industry workflows and production cycles
- Working knowledge of project management software
RECOMMENDED WORK TRAITS
- Adept at interacting with clients in a professional manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great at running business meetings
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Eager to support staff with a positive attitude, passion and patience
- Ability to uphold the use of standards and escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Ability to understand project scopes, budgets and communicate risk
- Adept at exploring new technology and evaluating the impact of an existing workflow
- Experience with challenging existing workflows and proposing alternatives that relate to ROI
- Experience with multiple BIM / CAD project management tasks / roles, including training and support mentor, project team member and strategic leader
We offer an enriching environment where learning and growing technically becomes part of your career. Microdesk is dedicated to fostering the professional growth and development of our employees.
Microdesk offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, including:
- Cigna Medical with company funded HRA and HSA
- Cigna Dental and Vision
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid STD and LTD insurance
- 401K and Profit Sharing Plan with generous 30% match
- Generous Paid Time Off and sick time policies
Microdesk is an Equal Opportunity Employer.