Due to our current growth, we are looking for a modeling professional with minimum two years of experience to join our team. This person must also have field experience involving a trade, i.e. electrical, HVAC, plumbing, etc. We are considering candidates who are self-directed and passionate about providing the level of service our clients have come to expect from us.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, possess a good work ethic, and be able to accomplish tasks with minimal direction. Extra hours to meet project deadlines may be needed; the candidate will be expected to assist where necessary.
The BIM Specialist will:
- Use AutoCAD MEP and/or Revit MEP for 3D modeling and coordination.
- Run collision reports using Navisworks.
- Complete miscellaneous CAD tasks with AutoCAD and/or Revit.
- Work with Revit to create engineering documents and/or content.
- Ensure the project meets targets, timelines, appropriate reporting and evaluation.
- Develop, complete and finalize all project deliverables according to the timeline.
- The project manager will maintain clear and open communications between internal and external stakeholders to focus on product strategy, relevance, and quality.
- Effectively communicate on regular basis vertically and horizontally in the organization project activities progresses demonstrating accountability for functional and business objectives.
- Other project activities may include, but not limited to: exporting models, compiling federated models, writing details reports, attending/running coordination meetings, being a part of design team meetings and other key tasks as needed to exceed project scope.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Information Technology or other Engineering degree with mathematics background or equivalent work experience which includes demonstrated management.
- Experience in collaborating with a wide project team.
- Knowledge of design / construction nomenclature and techniques.
- Proficiency in Autodesk AutoCAD MEP®, Autodesk Navisworks®, Revit MEP®. Knowledge of Autodesk Fabrication CADmep® a plus.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, and Access)
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated Written and Oral Communication skills required.
- Willingness to embrace new technology and processes
- Understanding of key industry third party apps like Revizto, Plan Grid and others