Primary focus is to brand Ozinga as the innovation leader in the ready-mix concrete industry. Bring new ideas to the forefront of the construction market utilizing various promotional programs highlighting technical and innovative solutions that brings value and options to customers and the engineering design community. Develop business relationships to position Ozinga as the preferred supplier. Cultivate new relationships or build upon existing ones within the specification community. Target audience would consist of design build firms, municipal engineers, structural engineers, civil engineers, architects, owners and developers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop relationships within the specification community.
- Promote and educate internally and externally new technologies and innovations.
- Develop value added solutions to the ready-mix concrete market.
- Identify and expand concrete applications in untapped markets.
- Maintain database of contacts and relationships that will foster collaboration and deliver results.
- Formulate ways to engage influencers and the specification community to get Ozinga branded products and mix designs named in specifications.
- Develop and execute periodic lunch and learn seminars for target audiences and Ozinga’s internal sales team.
- Listen and provide strategic solutions to specifiers and owner’s needs.
- Work cross functionally with internal and external sales personnel within Ozinga
- Proactively learn new industry products and techniques. Be a source of knowledge and go to person for specifiers and design community.
- Join and attend industry association and seminars. Actively participate in industry functions promoting the Ozinga brand where possible.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, material science or construction related discipline
- 5-10 years’ experience in marketing/sales role, 3-5 years’ experience in construction industry
- Capable of working with customers and developing business models for success.
- Ability to present a professional image to customers with a focus on meeting their needs.
- Self-Starter, capable of managing self and setting priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to cultivate relationships.
- Detail orientated and excellent time management skills.
- Strong organization and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Effective in a variety of formal presentation settings.
- Professional Engineering license and/or ready mix concrete knowledge is a plus.
Will be working primarily in the office and occasionally on job sites. Work performed outdoors includes some exposure to extremes in temperature, moisture, dust and noise. Occasional exposure to wet and dry, even and uneven surfaces. Occasional exposure to moving equipment and machinery parts. Work performed in office includes routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
Must be able to sit and drive for extended periods of time. Frequent periods of standing and walking on wet, dry, even and uneven surfaces. Occasional climbing up/down ladders, steps and construction projects. Occasional bending and kneeling. Flexible hours as needed while maintaining professionalism and composure.