Who we are:
We’re a Chicago-based General Contractor that focuses on commercial build-outs for startups, entrepreneurs, emerging-growth businesses, and infill development. We are a family built & run company, and we treat our people like family. We are committed to fostering relationships with architects, designers, and project managers, as well as supporting and amplifying the roles of women and minorities across the industry.
What we need:
We’re hiring a Construction Cost Estimator to estimate commercial interior build-outs in the Chicago metro area. Ideal candidates will have experience estimating spaces of 5k-100k square feet, must be highly organized, self-motivated and deadline oriented. We’re seeking individuals who communicate effectively with bidding subcontractors and vendors.
Education & Experience
Ideal candidates will have completed trade, vocational, or educational programs in the construction industry and have 5+ years of experience in a construction cost estimating role.
- 5+ years experience as a Construction Cost Estimator
- Proficient in Bluebeam
- Proficient in Windows operating systems, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Proficient in Google Drive and Google Suite
- Experience working on smartphones and tablets
Roles & Responsibilities
- Oversee and implement processes for cost estimating and organizing estimates
- Expertise in cost estimates for commercial build-out projects, including labor, supplies, and
materials, and ability to lead preparation of estimates with project team
- Assist in drawings and scope review meetings with Project Managers and any additional project team members
- Meet with Architects, Project Managers, and clients to discuss build-out specifications and improvements
- Coordinate all construction subcontractors and vendors for estimating purposes
- Willingness to be flexible, agile, and work quickly to meet critical deadlines on tight timelines
Our office is fast-paced, inclusive, collaborative, and solution-oriented. Candidates should be self-starters who are open to learn and ready to work. We want to give you the tools and resources to take ownership and execute successfully. As a team, we are passionate about entrepreneurship, sustainability, equity, and inclusion in the construction industry.
How to Apply:
Attach a resume. No cover letter needed. A short intro email will suffice.