Overall management responsibility for projects of any size and complexity. Manages scheduling, cost, subcontract submittals and keeps all pertinent records to ensure a profitable and “on-time” project delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review contract documents for compliance.
- Obtain approval of subcontractor shop drawings.
- Monitor job schedules and budgets.
- Coordination of subcontractors.
- Update job schedules and cost reports.
- Preparation of monthly requisitions to Owners.
- Processing of subcontractor invoices/bills.
- Preparation of estimates for change orders for both Owner and subcontractors.
- Complete knowledge of all project documentation.
- Interprets and applies policies, especially safety rules and regulations.
- Obtaining building permits.
- Interface and communicate with the Architect, Engineer and Owner as requested by supervisor.
- Obtaining project close-out documentation.
May supervise other project managers, assistant project managers or project engineers.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Education or equivalent training, typically found in four-year college degree or certification programs and six years’ experience; or 10 years related experience
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Leadership skills
- Collaborative; a real team player
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills