Haskell is seeking a Construction Technology Specialist who will be is responsible for evaluating, piloting, and reporting on new technologies disrupting the Architecture, Engineering and Construction industry.
- Manage the different activities and parties involved in piloting new technologies.
- Manage successful end-to-end implementation.
- Evaluate and implement technologies that will create efficiencies across projects.
- Compare each technologies problem statement as to what they are trying to solve against competitors solving for a similar problem.
- Draft use cases and feasibility studies to show the viability of implementing a new technology in both corporate office and in the field.
- Formulate implementation plans to test feasible technologies with timeline and milestones.
- Clearly communicate the plan with all stakeholders in a pilot project, this may require holding multiple meetings and phone calls to adjust the plan and ensure successful piloting.
- Create progress reports on the implementation of each project.
- Evaluation reporting focused on the ROI, lessons learned, and enterprise rollout strategy.
Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or AEC relevant field.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, License, Certifications Etc.
- Construction industry experience required.
- Understanding of design-build project workflows (schematic design, design development, estimating, scheduling, coordination, construction and handover) required.
- Tech savviness and passion for construction technology highly preferred
- Good communication, interpersonal skills, and presentation abilities.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to organize and manage complex implementation tasks, establish and meet schedules, root cause analysis skills and maintain focus on goals.
- Ability to leverage creative skills to problem solving with an innovative mindset, working independently with minimal oversight to accomplish goals.
- Accountability: Accepting responsibility that results in anticipation/prevention of problem areas from actions, and problem solving inside and outside the department/organization.
- Customer Focus: Makes service to internal and external customers a priority; focuses on exceeding customer expectations, not just meeting them; recognizes and values all key stakeholders; applies and develops service excellence skills.
- Effective Communication: Listens for understanding and appreciation, encourages open feedback; presents clearly and effectively one on one, and in small and large group settings; considers the audience in preparing messages and in choosing the appropriate communication channels; creates and encourages open channels of communication.
- Execution/Empowerment: Demonstrates the ability to get results; manages competing demands in fast paced environment with effective results; identifies and creates contingency solutions to ensure timely execution.
- Learning & Development: Learning new skills and increasing capabilities a high priority; takes action to address development needs in self and others, if applicable; identifies gaps and learning opportunities to ensure complete technical job proficiency; takes responsibility for own development and skills improvement.
- Team: Collaborate and demonstrate respect for team members, partners and everyone with whom we do business; open communication.
- Excellence: Strive for quality and safety; executed best in class; creative and innovative; dedicated for continuous improvement.
- Service: Passionate about customer service internal and external and to the community; and creates superior value.
- Trust: High standards of ethics and personal accountability; transparency; credibility; fairness
Environmental Factors And/or Physical Requirements
While performing the duties of this job, this position is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; and the ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (life, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-50 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application/form information. The associate frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
Haskell will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
Haskell is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities) and Drug-Free Workplace.