About Viewpoint, Inc.
Viewpoint provides innovative software solutions to the global construction and capital project industries. Viewpoint leads the construction software industry, bringing 40 years of construction experience to over 7,000 customers. Viewpoint’s integrated suite of solutions for the office, extended team and field address the full construction life-cycle from planning/bidding to construction and facilities maintenance. Solutions are offered on a variety of platforms, including Cloud, Mobile, and On-premise. Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Viewpoint has become the technology partner of choice, with customers in more than 28 countries.
The Database Specialist works for our Viewpoint Construction Software division. This division provides an enterprise level software solution with integrated accounting, project management, and operations modules for mid-range to large-scale contractors throughout the United States and abroad. The Database Specialist is responsible for using various tools to complete custom programming and data projects for Viewpoint Construction Software. Responsibilities include performing activities such as TSQL scripting, technical consulting, implementing database objects (package, procedures, functions, triggers), writing complex SQL queries, understanding business data relationships, and working closely with the Technical Services Project Coordinator and Estimator to ensure project timelines are met. This position requires the ability to work in a leadership role individually and as a team member, regular interaction with customers, and the ability to maintain good working relationships between the team and the customer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors, tracks, and documents database customization activities in CRM system.
- Performs business process analysis to ensure technical and application components meet business requirements.
- Performs custom programming (SQL scripts and other tools as needed), integration, and data projects.
- Executes the tests necessary to ensure than an application or technical environment meets performance and business requirements.
- Corrects data using SQL modification statements.
- Communicates to the customer and other internal stakeholders on the progress of the projects.
- Meets scheduled project timelines.
- Deep understanding of the data architecture of the Viewpoint system.
- Strong customer-service orientation and commitment to insuring timely, quality solutions to customer issues.
- Ability to understand technical concepts and communicate them clearly to individuals with varied backgrounds and skill levels.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality, presents numerical data effectively, and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Well-organized, self-directed team player. Remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback. Effectively presents and explains information to various group sizes and levels of knowledge.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Demonstrates professionalism, discretion, and good judgment in all interactions with co-workers, customers, vendors and others.
- Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence and good judgment.
- Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or computer science and a minimum of one year custom programming experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and practices sufficient to manage accounting system data projects efficiently and effectively.
- Strong SQL knowledge and familiarity with various types of databases.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Transact SQL and familiarity with various types of databases.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience supporting or consulting on Viewpoint Construction Software.
- Familiarity with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Experience using Timberline Construction Software, JD Edwards, CGC Construction Software, or other construction accounting software.
- Knowledge of construction industry and construction accounting.