CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Architect to perform in the role of Digital Practice Specialist. We prefer to have this position based in our Chicago office, but will consider other CannonDesign locations for exceptional candidates. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve our clients’ and society’s greatest challenges.
The successful candidate will support project teams in a broad range of activities that include overall digital design and delivery strategy, BIM setup, application training and support, and architectural production work. Primary responsibilities will include:
- General project technology planning and Building Information Model (BIM) setup.
- Development of project technology design processes, policies, protocols and workflows.
- Application of Quality Assurance protocols to maintain BIM quality and firm-wide modeling standards.
- Coordination with Digital Practice team to ensure local compliance with firm-wide standards, practices and workflow.
- Support for multiple design applications.
- Rapid turn-around of urgent project requests.
- Coordination of applications support with IT group and helpdesk.
- General setup, configuration, and customization of standard design and production applications.
- Training of teams and individuals within the office in the fundamental operation of standard design applications and procedures.
- Document and communicate exemplar processes, procedures, practices, and workflows.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor in Architecture. Bachelors/Master of Architecture from an accredited program and Architectural Registration preferred. Minimum of 3 years in an architectural design environment required. High-level of expertise in Autodesk Revit in an architectural production environment, including the ability to administer, install, and configure both the base application and several customized add-ins. Demonstrated experience supporting Autodesk Revit, and a general aptitude and comfort level with training and technical support, both one-on-one, remotely, and in group class settings. General familiarity with design visualization and environmental analysis applications. Ability to learn and transition between multiple applications within CannonDesigns design technology suite, including Autocad, 3D Studio MAX Design, Navisworks, SketchUp, Rhinoceros, Grasshopper, Dynamo, and others. Experience in application customization through programming and scripting. Experience with virtual reality applications and hardware. Ability to provide a moderate level of support for the Microsoft Windows/Office desktop and Adobe Creative Suite products, along with an aptitude for PC support and network basics. Click on apply now to upload your resume and portfolio.
As a condition of employment, all CannonDesigners are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.