Lithko Contracting, LLC, is one of the nation’s largest full-service, total-package concrete contractors. Lithko is a growing commercial concrete construction company with offices in Allentown, Charleston, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Columbus, Denver, Greenville, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Nashville, Oklahoma City, Omaha, Raleigh, & Tulsa. Lithko specializes in the delivery of cast-in-place walls, slabs, columns, tilt-up, site-work, super-flat floors and structural concrete, Lithko has grown from one office in 1990, to 14 offices and over $450M million in revenue in 2015.
Lithko Contracting is seeking a Field Engineer to join the team in our Nashville BURG. Field Engineers at Lithko are responsible for the planning and layout for the line and grade portion of a project. This is an exciting and challenging role for which there is a career path. This position is located in Lithko’s Nashville office.
Key Responsibilities for a Field Engineer:
- Sets up and maintains permanent control throughout the entire line and grade portion of the project.
- Validates accurate dimensions by reviewing the architectural and structural drawings prior to execution.
- Is able to identify any discrepancies in drawings prior to execution.
- Engages the project lead on the line and grade portion of the project to ensure proper scheduling and sequencing.
- Proficient with the use of advanced instruments and total station to perform an accurate layout.
- Is able to complete a layout in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner.
- Delivers layout information to the project team to ensure proper execution.
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- 5+ years of experience in field engineering, surveying, and layout for a large scale Self-Perform GC or Concrete Contractor.
- Self-perform experience of concrete is required.
- Seeking someone with a variety of project types with emphasis on Commercial/Industrial.
- Knowledge of construction principles/practices required with experience on projects over 1 million dollars.
- Experienced with using advanced instruments and capable of using Total Station to perform layouts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering required.