About the Position
The general function of the Field Superintendent is to provide the necessary leadership to plan, organize, direct, supervise, coordinate and control all daily activities on the jobsite in order to meet project completion requirements and profitability objectives while maintaining and building good customer relationships.
During construction, you will have 100% responsibility for the control of the on-site activities as well as the project quality and will work with the project manager to manage the budget and schedule. You will be held responsible to properly maintain the project site and the safety of all subcontractors. From the time you break ground to the project closeout, you will be the “critical link” in the “chain.”
A complete list of duties and responsibilities will be provided during the pre-interview.
We believe that finesse, persuasion, and a win-win mentality is essential to the overall success of our projects. We need you to possess the same mindset as well.
We are looking for someone that is willing to travel 100% of the time and be home between projects and possibly 1x per month during the duration of a project. On occasion, these projects will be local to our home office and no travel will be required.
Why Should you Consider a Career at Cambridge?
- Management team committed to your success
- Casual and professional environment
- Team oriented workplace
- Dynamic and growing company
- Known and respected company with an excellent reputation.
About your role
You will be working with the project manager who works closely with the owners of the company, a “win-win” person committed to your success. Your input and suggestions are always welcomed. He expects you to work independently on your own but he is always willing to take the time necessary to help you or back you up when needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management, although successful industry years of experience as a Field Superintendent or project manager may satisfy this requirement
- Minimum 8 years of Field Superintendent level experience in the construction industry. A Certified Field Superintendent Certificate
- Demonstrable track record of success
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Strong computer skills
- Pass a background check and drug screenin
- Verifiable references.
Attributes Necessary to be Successful as the Field Superintendent
- Makes decisions with the “bottom line” in mind.
- Relies upon honesty and sound business principles in running the project.
- Holds self and others accountable for measuring and achieving company objectives.
- Able to remain composed and focused in difficult situations.
- Anticipates problems before they occur and seeks to eliminate their source.
- Possesses a “done once, done right” mentality.
- Challenge oriented. The word “can’t” is not in your vocabulary.
- Adapts and successfully relates to different personality styles.
- Prioritizes work and “juggles” multiple subcontractors and tasks effectively.
- Capable of “changing gears” when necessary.
- Actively participates in company dialogue/discussions and peer training initiatives
- Maintains an optimistic viewpoint that anticipates positive outcomes.
- Fosters a Team Attitude by dealing with subcontractors/vendors fairly
- Addresses and redirects unproductive behavior in a non-confrontational manner.
- Maintains Site documentation in an organized manner
Hours per workday and the workdays per week may vary, depending upon the workload. A minimum of 45 hours and a maximum of 60 hours may be necessary.
Competitve salary based on experience.
PTO (Paid Time Off – Vacation – sick – holidays)
401-K minimum 3% safe harbor and additional 3% company match.