The Framing Project Superintendent supervises the field construction of a single or multiple large or complex projects. Organizing, planning coordinating field staff. Responsible for ensuring that the assigned project is completed within the established time parameters, that a safe working environment is created and constantly maintained at the job-site, and that the project is completed at a level of quality that exceeds Owner expectations. This includes developing and regularly updating project schedules and all associated project reporting, and effective management and leadership of all on-site tradesmen. Effective communication is required within the project team, both internal and external. Framing Project Superintendent is expected to work closely with the Senior Project Superintendent to ensure that the project is completed within the established budget.
- Know and understand the Company’s responsibilities per the Owner Contract, Contract documents and Subcontractor responsibilities pursuant to the Subcontract and Trade scopes.
- Primary liaison with owners/architects/engineers and field staff for the day-to-day construction activities of the project.
- Participate in project pursuits, proposals and presentations. Contributor in securing the project during the competition phase. Responsible for development of Schedule, site logistics and work plan documents for a pursuit.
- Lead, supervise and develop Superintendents and other staff, including providing input on or completing performance appraisals.
- Develop and implement overall project set-up and site logistics plan and identifying project specific scope of work to implement the plan.
- Develop and manage the overall site safety program as required and ensuring subcontractor compliance with CHC standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations. This includes infection control plans and existing campus impact plan for construction within an operating healthcare campus/facility.
- Develop and implement overall project work schedules identifying the critical path including the expediting of scheduled critical materials and equipment for their timely delivery to site.
- Review and respond to subcontractor schedule impacts and or claims of productivity impacts.
- Ensure strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
- Manage and make decisions related to the performance of work related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control and trade employee staffing levels.
- Document project field issues that impact budget, quality or schedule.
- Oversee work among all trades to promote a coordinated project operation. Resolve local area problems regarding procedures, precedence, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment, schedule and all other appropriate matters.
- Implement mock-ups and associated testing, review and approval.
- Ensure all necessary permits and insurance are in place and kept current for the term of the project. Act as liaison to inspection agencies.
- Manage the billing process as it relates to work in place and oversee the monthly estimate of work completed, payrolls, material invoices and subcontractor payment applications.
- Establish and implement a project phasing plan which incorporates the established time parameters as well as other extraneous factors such as weather, right-of-way work, or work impacting adjacent properties.
- Oversee and develop regularly update project schedules, including full job and short-term look ahead schedules, based on project phase plan and project completion dates.
- Implementation of project phasing plan, project schedule, and sub-contract scopes of work with all on-site sub-contractors and vendors.
- Perform regular inspections comparing details in the Contract documents to the work-in-place to ensure that all work is in conformance with Contract documents.
- Effectively document and communicate project delays or issues with project team in accordance with the contract requirements and Company protocol.
- Understand, manage and coordinate requirements of all Authorities Having Jurisdiction such as Village/City Building Department, Fire Department, storm water management agencies, State Health Department, etc.
- Establish a positive rapport with all Building Officials to streamline the inspection processes.
- Lead Superintendent with sub-contractor change order management by closely tracking all extra work performed in the field.
- Work closely with the Project Manager throughout the purchasing process for alignment of purchasing with Superintendent’s project phasing plan and schedules.
- Coordination work associated with utilities, both temporary and permanent, to ensure that all infra-structure is installed in accordance with utility company requirements and contract documents.
- Closely follow all established processes for flow of information and contract documentation between CHC office team, design team, and Ownership.
- Work closely and coordinate with Owner marketing and operations staff throughout construction as well as during project turnover.
- Incorporate all field construction changes to a designated set of “as-built” drawings and keep a detailed log of lessons learned for future company reference.
- Manage CHC risk by following proper project management protocol, addressing potential issues swiftly and effectively, and effective communication.
- Active involvement with management of General Conditions cost management and budgeting.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE REQUIRED
- Minimum of fifteen years of Senior Living building construction experience field operations on large commercial projects of $30M+. Additionally, a minimum of fifteen years’ experience working on large inpatient projects, and at least one large commercial project within an active/occupied Senior Living campus.
- Experience and knowledgeable of challenging MEP and acoustical designs.
- Extensive working knowledge in the following computer software programs:
- P6 or similar CPM scheduling software)
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to track, analyze and forecast jobsite productivity.
- Highly developed effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong familiarity with and ability to navigate, interpret, and enforce current building codes.
- Uses known best practices, techniques and work experience to implement project plans and maintain required levels of quality.
Medical, Life, Dental, 401K