Construction Project Manager – NJ or NY experience acceptable
Hollister Project Managers are accountable for providing an “exceptional” client experience while managing various phases of commercial/residential projects from preconstruction through closeout.
We are currently seeking Project Managers with experience in leading ground up new commercial/residential construction projects. The candidate must be able to demonstrate their ability to manage multiple complex and mid-size scale projects with total construction values exceeding $10-$40 million.
Hollister Construction Services is a regional firm serving the Tri-State area with our headquarters located in Parsippany, NJ. and additional offices in New York City and Newark, NJ. The Project Manager will be expected to work primarily in the NJ and NY regions.
- Lead all aspects of the project and team from inception to close out.
- Build and foster relationships with client representatives, architects, engineers, and sub-contractors to establish project requirements, budget, specifications and schedules.
- Utilize value engineering and sustainable design concepts to improve results for our clients.
- Negotiate and administer Hollister’s contract and subcontract agreements.
- Leverage Hollister‘s advanced project planning and financial systems to oversee project performance including, project status, budget, schedule and teammates.
- Develop a high performance team through feedback, training, coaching, and mentoring.
- Provide leadership in risk evaluation, contract negotiations, fee and pricing decisions.
- Insure that all protocols are implemented to create a safe project environment.
- Must have experience as a “hands on” Project Manager for a commercial project value of over $10MM and focused on new out of the ground construction.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or engineering, plus a minimum of 8 years’ related experience.
- Minimum 8 years of direct project management experience in ground-up, renovations, mid to high rise, mixed-use” and “interior” construction.
- Demonstrated success as the primary manager of multiple projects ranging from at least $10 to $25 million of contract value
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; proficiency with construction and financial computer applications.
- Thorough knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating, purchasing and engineering principles and techniques, as well as accounting principle
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills with the ability to individually negotiate change orders with clients and/or subcontractors in excess of $1MM.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedules.
- A positive attitude and desire to deliver exceptional results for our clients.
- Personal commitment to safety, integrity, and continual professional development