SUMMARY OF POSITION
As Manager of Construction Technology and Innovation, you will provide overall leadership and participate in developing strategic direction for the company regarding the use of construction-related technology and other technical services including, but not limited to, project management processes, building information modeling (BIM), safety innovation, virtual design and construction (VDC), laser scanning, virtual reality, and other projects.
- Serve as liaison between the information technology department and operations on external and internally developed software.
- Serve as consultant/subject matter expert of evolving technology and best practices to internal project teams, owners and clients.
- Serve as brand ambassador at various industry events while promoting Graycor as an innovative and progressive organization.
- Facilitate piloting of emerging technology on projects.
- Oversee the identification, internal review, implementation, and evaluation/improvement of new software and hardware that improves efficiency of the construction process
- Ensure that end-user support services for construction-specific technology are provided in a responsive, effective, and efficient manner.
- Ensure that project/improvement requests and other construction technology issues raised by company employees or managers are tracked and addressed in a timely, appropriate, and effective manner. Direct/coordinate requests and issues to appropriate work queues, individual IT staff, or non-IT managers.
- Develop annual operating budgets for construction technology efforts; monitor/analyze expenses in relation to budget and revise projected expenses accordingly. Ensure that construction technology products and services are procured in the most cost-effective manner.
- Report regularly to President on the status and direction of construction technology efforts, including staff, operations, projects underway or pending, and any identified issues along with their potential impact and recommended solutions.
- Work collaboratively with project teams to ensure that new technologies are consistently leveraged through project concept/design, project pursuit, preconstruction, operations, and facilities management / owner handover phases.
- Develop and maintain software protocols, workflows and training regimens to support company technology efforts.
- Support project teams with proposal development, technology planning and presentations.
- Educate operations groups on the value of new technology processes.
- Research and develop new ways to utilize technology and model-based information throughout the lifecycle of company projects.
- Stay well informed on evolving technology in the market while also communicating the value of updates when applicable.
- Provide direction and input on the look and feel of the internal and external websites.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, construction, construction technology, information technology, or related industry.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the design, construction, or consulting industry; operations experience preferred but not required.
- Basic understanding of design, construction, tools/equipment, and technology processes, platforms and workflows.
- Strong desire/passion to remain current and informed on advancements in construction-related technology.
- Advanced knowledge and experience (and willingness to learn) software applications such as: Autodesk Revit, Navisworks, AutoCAD, and Bluebeam Revu.
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, controlled sense of urgency, and the ability manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Design/graphics background is desired.
- Must possess strong communication/interpersonal skills and be confident in his/her ability to develop and manage the entire technology process; must have poise, polish, and effective presentation skills.
- Strong leadership/coaching skills and the ability to influence others to ensure high performing teams.
- Interest and enthusiasm to promote the Graycor family of companies’ culture and brand through various industry/marketing events and public relations efforts.
- Ability to promote/sell evolving technology as a valuable resource to those who may be skeptical of its value.
- Ability to travel regularly to other offices and project sites as needed.