The primary function of this position is to ensure high quality product efficiently and effectively. Expected to provide industry related technical assessments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute and evaluate lab tests ensuring effectiveness and efficiencies of testing procedures
- Investigate abnormal test results and provide root causes to manager/supervisor
- Identify areas of improvement and propose solutions to enhance efficiency and accuracy of tests
- Demonstrates teamwork by assisting in other areas within the department and other departments as needed;
- Construct, calibrate, and/or prepare test samples and test equipment;
- Use lab equipment to obtain, prepare, measure, and collect test specimens in lab or field environments
- Implement alternative procedures to enhance efficiency and accuracy when appropriate;
- Manage inventory process and levels of lab and equipment inventory
- Ensure lab tools and equipment are in good working order and facilitate repairs or replacements as needed;
- Maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly work environment in accordance with company and OSHA expectations
- Ability to learn and apply testing standards (ASTM and AASHTO)
- Keep current with industry technologies, skills and knowledge improving company procedures and individual growth
- High school diploma or GED required; Associates degree preferred
- Minimum of 0-2 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Quick learner; Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve company objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong PC skills.
- Familiarity with industry standards and specifications as well as knowledge of Ready mix manufacturing design, processes and equipment is a plus but not necessary
- State DOT and ACI certifications is a plus but not necessary
Works in a fast paced environment with a need to respond to ever changing scenarios. Work duties will be performed primarily in a lab with some possible field work. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Duties and responsibilities are of a Medium to Heavy Physical Demand.
- Some work is performed in a laboratory environment or in the field where the following conditions may apply: exposure to chemicals, noise, dust, variations in temperature and humidity, fumes and various types of equipment listed above;
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) whenever necessary;
- Travel is typically not required for this position.
- Must be able to frequently bend in order to obtain samples from stockpiles or ground, climb ladders with buckets of admixtures, and push wheelbarrows of concrete.
- Must be able to operate buttons, levers, and other controls located on various equipment.
- Must be able to work through stressful situations while maintaining professionalism and composure
- Must be able to sit and drive for extended periods of time
- May be required to work long and flexible hours as necessary
- Must be able to maneuver in and around our plants, yards and jobsites as necessary