BUILTWORLDS IS A COMMUNITY AND PROFESSIONAL NETWORK.
We believe in innovation through collaboration, to push the built industry forward. The built world is powered by our oldest industry — one that is slow to move and slow to change. With every connection we make and every event we hold, we’ve seen the value of starting conversations and bringing people together, first hand. Through our events, ecosystem, and supporting video and written content, BuiltWorlds is providing the tools, knowledge, inspiration, and connections to grow careers, companies, and the industry.
Member Engagement Manager – Summary/Objective:
As the BuiltWorlds member network continues to grow, the Member Engagement Manager has the critical role of ensuring our members are getting the most out of their BuiltWorlds experience. This role starts with ensuring that inquiries into membership are met with prompt and clear responses and continues through cultivating and on-boarding of new members, ensuring ongoing and deepening engagement via events, content, and other network opportunities throughout the year and ensuring that members keep coming back year in and year out.
The BuiltWorlds Member Engagement Manager will leverage a full range of communications tactics including online demos, email and phone correspondence, face-to-face office visits and meetings at BuiltWorlds and at other events as well as notifications through the BuiltWorlds website to ensure members are making full use of BuiltWorlds suite of networking and educational resources. Additionally, the Member Engagement Manager will be responsible for maintaining member relations, including on-boarding, outreach, retention and ensuring members are utilizing the BuiltWorlds effectively for networking. The Member Engagement Manager may also assist partnership managers in identifying prospective member candidates and in outreach to those people to solicit interest in membership, events and other BW offerings.
(Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.)
- Lead member onboarding and/or ongoing needs and ensuring awareness on all ongoing initiatives/campaigns
- Continuously reach out to current members to ensure they are aware of opportunities for further engagement
- Present and promote further products/services using solid arguments to existing customers
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Arrange and manage recurring meetings with BuiltWorlds members
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Support member account needs such as user account adds/changes, help with ticketing, directory pages, etc.
- Support the development of user emails and notifications that help promote awareness and engagement around BuiltWorlds offerings.
- Work closely with members to understand their needs, interests, pain points in order to ensure BuiltWorlds offerings are addressing member needs. And aid development of those offerings.
- Through helping members understand offerings, drive addition of users and adoption of more offerings in order to generate membership upgrades as well as renewals.
Required Education and Experience:
- Two Years of Account Management or B2B Sales Experience
- Successful working experience in lean/start-up work environments requiring self-motivation, adaptability, and resourcefulness to succeed in the role.
- Familiarity with CRM practices along with the ability to build productive business professional relationships
- Highly motivated and target is driven with a proven track record in sales
- Excellent relationship building and communication and negotiation skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- BS/BA degree or equivalent from an accredited college/university
- “Built Environment” Industry Knowledge (preferred)
- This role operates in a fast-paced startup office environment
- The BuiltWorlds office is located in downtown Chicago
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but must be available during the “core” work hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Attendance at BuiltWorlds events/shows and industry networking events will also be expected (as applicable).
- Since this is a client-facing role, candidate must be prepared to be responsive to sales and client engagement needs outside of normal business hours, particularly around events times or new release times when demand for help with tickets, user licenses, and other inquiry tends to peak.
- Strong Health Benefits Package, including Health, Dental, Vision, and Life
- Significant incentive compensation opportunity on top of base salary
- Some travel is expected within this role