BuiltWorlds Network Development Leaders provide assistance to the Partnership Development Managers/Executives of BuiltWorlds and perform tasks, within a specified topic (Smart Cities/Buildings/Project Management/Workforce/Finance), such as promoting products and services, customer service, managing correspondence, and providing alerts and instructions to member partners. Additionally, the Development Leaders are responsible for maintaining member relations, including on-boarding, outreach, retention and implementation of plans designed to cultivate and strengthen partner ties to each other while furthering their brand equity within the built environment. The Network Development Leader may also provide assistance with research, identifying potential partners and opportunities, event promotions and outreach.
BuiltWorlds already works with a loaded roster of A/E/C/R clients to help them make connections and push the built environment forward, including; Caterpillar, Aon, GE, DeWalt, Autodesk and many more.
Essential Functions: (Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of this job.)
- Present, promote and sell products/services using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Reach out to customer leads through cold calling to generate leads that can be converted into sales opportunities
- Arrange meeting with prospects
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential, track sales and status report
- Ensure all administration relating to sales is completed effectively.
- Working closely with other departments and finding opportunities to cross sell.
- Perform industry research for BuiltWorlds partners
- Continuously improve through feedback
Required Education and Experience:
- B2B Sales Experience (at least 1 year of experience in an fast paced sales role is strongly preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with CRM practices along with ability to build productive business professional relationships
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- BS/BA degree or equivalent from an accredited college/university
- “Built Environment” Industry Knowledge (preferred, but not required)
*Please keep in mind that as a fast growing, cutting edge professional network, we look for innovation in everything so we do. So if you’re great at everything detailed above but don’t like to change things up, be proactive, work hard, get in the weeds and think of new ideas or innovate with fresh concepts, this likely isn’t the right fit for you. But if you enjoy working within a strong team environemnt in a growth stage company with big goals in mind then definitely apply, because this could be the role for you.
- The team is a fast paced, driven, start-up office environment where team members hold each other accountable for results
- There is a more casual, fun, and agile environment than in larger firms.
- There is significant opportunity for career advancement and personal development based on the growth trajectory of the business.
- Currently located in the Tech Hub of Chicago’s West Loop
- You will be asked to provide your own computer and phone
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but must be available during the “core” work hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Attendance at BuiltWorlds events/shows and industry networking events will also be expected (as applicable).
Strong benefits package, including:
- Up to 15% travel is possible