As a Project Controls Engineer at Graycor Industrial Constructors, you will enable the project team to monitor and evaluate their project’s performance by coordinating and supervising all costing and scheduling. In this role, you will partner with project team members to implement the Graycor performance monitoring system and any other schedule, commodity, progress, and man-hour monitoring systems that may be required to meet the needs of both the management team and our clients.
This role will support our power market division, which provides construction services for balance of plant work for environmental, new generation, transmission and distribution, wind power and nuclear facilities, as well as alternative fuel plants.
At Graycor, You Will Have the Opportunity To:
- Review and develop project schedules from plans and specifications, incorporating all necessary information, including budgeted dollars, quantities and labor resources, and integrating subcontractor and vendor schedules for the delivery of services, equipment and materials.
- Continuously update and revise the schedule to reflect actual progress, delays, or other impacts; actual starts, finishes and remaining durations; quantities installed, actual labor hours and associated costs; and drawing, design or delivery revisions.
- Develop and maintain project cost code framework and schedule WPS, cost and resource loaded schedule.
- Regularly develop reports for management review, including detailed cash flow, hourly shutdown and outage schedules; weekly quantity reports, and SPI, CPI, EV and manpower reports.
- Advise the Superintendent and Project Manager regarding subcontractor and vendor performance.
To be Successful in this Role, You will Need:
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, construction management or another relevant discipline.
- Minimum of four (4) years of relevant construction experience, preferably within the heavy industrial sector.
- Prior experience and proven ability tracking field progress, generating SPI, CPI, EV and manpower reports, and reviewing contractor programs for compliance with contract documents.
- Understand and value industry and safety standards
- The fortitude to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Multi-tasking with a sense of urgency while maintaining strong attention to detail and accuracy is crucial.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact professionally with managers, co-workers, subcontractors, and construction craft employees. Must have the ability to work with cross-functional teams as well as independently.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong computer skills in scheduling, cost software and Microsoft Office. Proficiency in Primavera P6 is a plus.
- The ability to travel extensively and temporarily reside at the project site for extended periods of time, with travel home provided every other weekend. Travel subsistence pay and travel incentive bonuses may apply.
Why Build with Graycor’s Growing, Dynamic Team?
Building Your Future is How We Build Ours. At Graycor, we seek out those with the highest potential and provide an empowering environment with tools that allow you to take ownership in your career development.
Stability Means Staying Ahead of the Curve. Graycor is committed to continuous improvement and reinvesting in evolving technologies. To ensure stability, we have a diversified project portfolio in a broad range of niche markets nationwide.
We Are Family. This is why we have an intense commitment to Safety. We want to make sure that every member of our Graycor family goes home each day to theirs. Our family-owned company also sponsors wellness and charitable events, casual employee get-togethers, lunch and learns, and other fun social events.
Our Greatest Asset? Our Name. Reputation is grown over time. Our dedication to our people and building trust has enabled us to cultivate long-term relationships with our clients, our partners, and each other.
We’re Building Something More.
ABOUT THE GRAYCOR FAMILY OF COMPANIES
Established in 1921, the Graycor Companies provide General Contracting and Construction Management services to a wide variety of industrial and commercial construction markets across the US, Canada and Mexico. As a top ranking industry leader, Graycor commits to safe working environments, demands excellence and rewards passion.
For more information, visit our website at www.graycor.comThe Graycor family of companies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer