As a Project Engineer at Graycor Industrial Constructors, you will enroll in our Engineering Mentoring Program designed to expose you with the critical hands-on experience necessary to build your successful career in construction. You will receive ongoing, specialized one-on-one training, coaching and mentoring on challenging and interesting heavy industrial construction project assignments, and a full rotation between departments. You will be actively involved in your career development, making self-assessments of your progress against established core competencies.
Engineers will typically spend 24 months in the Engineer Mentoring Program before advancing to a new position with Graycor.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Maintain and update project documentation for the project.
- Have a good understanding of construction document control
- Prepare, transmit and expedite project documentation to the Owner/Architect/Engineer for approval.
- Develop and maintain the project schedule, maintain changes and submit revisions.
- Track and expedite schedules for the delivery of equipment and materials, and assist in their procurement.
- Advise the Superintendent and Project Manager on the compliance of the subcontractors and vendors performance.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the provisions and requirements of all contract documents, including plans, specifications, owners contract, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Input weekly quantities and assist in the monthly project performance and profit analysis of the project.
- Assist in the preparation of estimates and quotations for extra work.
- Meet with subcontractors and vendors on matters of a technical and contractual nature.
- Assist the Project Manager in bid preparation, subcontractor/vendor solicitation, evaluation and award.
- Assist Project Manager/Superintendent in the efficient control and management of the project.
To be Successful in this Role, You will Need:
- Bachelor level degree is required. B.S. Construction Management is a plus.
- 2+ years of relevant construction experience. Industrial experience is preferred.
- Strong desire to travel and work on out of town projects for extended assignments (we offer subsistence pay, travel home allowances, and travel incentive bonuses).
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite required; Primavera (P6) and Timberline are a plus
- Any relevant licenses and certifications are a plus
- Must have good communication skills
- Must be able to work on cross-functional teams as well as independently
WHY JOIN OUR GROWING, DYNAMIC TEAM?
Building Your Future is How We Build Ours. At Graycor, we seek out those with the highest potential and provide an empowering environment with tools that allow you to take ownership in your career development.
Stability Means Staying Ahead of the Curve. Graycor is committed to continuous improvement and reinvesting in evolving technologies. To ensure stability, we have a diversified project portfolio in a broad range of niche markets nationwide.
We Are Family. This is why we have an intense commitment to Safety. We want to make sure that every member of our Graycor family goes home each day to theirs. Our family-owned company also sponsors wellness and charitable events, casual employee get-togethers, lunch and learns, and other fun social events.
Our Greatest Asset? Our Name. Reputation is grown over time. Our dedication to our people and building trust has enabled us to cultivate long-term relationships with each other, our clients, and our partners.
We’re Building Something More.
ABOUT THE GRAYCOR FAMILY OF COMPANIES
Established in 1921, the Graycor Companies provide General Contracting and Construction Management services to a wide variety of industrial and commercial construction markets across the US, Canada and Mexico. As a top ranking industry leader, Graycor commits to safe working environments, demands excellence and rewards passion.
For more information, visit our website at www.graycor.comThe Graycor family of companies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer