Granger Construction is a leader in the construction industry, specializing in a wide-array of construction services and delivery methods, including Construction Management, Design-Build and General Contracting. We pride ourselves on delivering projects that exceed owner expectations in all facets, through the employment of innovative people, technology, and outside-the-box thinking.
Founded in 1959, Granger is a family-owned firm that operates from values in alignment with the Golden Rule. Over the years, Granger has earned its positive reputation for trust, honesty, fairness, integrity, compassion and an appreciation for the unique contribution of each team member.
Granger is seeking Project Managers for work at sites located in Mid/Southeast Michigan. The incumbent will manage construction projects of various sizes and should be passionate about problem solving and teamwork.
The Project Manager is responsible for estimating, cost, schedule, quality, and close-out and commissioning.
- Preconstruction – Understand our client and all project requirements; develop and push a construction schedule; plan for coordination of MEP and BIM; coordinate with accounting, design, and estimating teams; manage bidding lists and subcontractor relationships.
- Cost and Expediting – Write subcontracts and purchase orders; ensure job cost and expediting schedules are updated; monitor cost changes and report promptly; continually “think outside of the box” to provide key solutions and alternatives.
- Quality and Safety – Ensure that Granger’s quality standards are setting the industry’s standard; maintain high safety level on the job site daily.
- Close Out and Commissioning – Attain the “Zero punch list” goal; keep accurate records; prepare, deliver, and hand-off close out materials to owner prior to occupancy.
- Communication – Demonstrate and maintain clear, effective communication; ensure appropriate documentation and timely action with RFI, submittal, and cost change processes; clearly communicate issues to owners/architects/partners; meet regularly with accounting to monitor job cost.
- Bachelor’s degree in building construction management, civil engineering or other engineering discipline.
- Minimum of seven years of related experience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal, listening, and written communication skills.
- Assertive, highly motivated, organized and a self-starting individual.
- Tenacity to accomplish tasks, follow-through and meet deadlines.
- Entrepreneurial focus, with the ability to see the big picture while also focusing on details and timelines.
- Must be technologically savvy with the ability to easily pick up computer programs and technology.