With offices in Indiana, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Ohio, Pepper Construction is a national general contracting and construction management firm that primarily serves the private sector. Pepper Construction provides clients the experience and resources of a national company, combined with the hands-on approach of a local Ohio company.
Pepper Construction is looking for a dynamic Virtual Design and Construction Manager to join our exciting and growing Ohio team. The ideal candidate will not only have a thorough knowledge for Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Virtual Design and Construction (VDC)technology, but also strong experience and understanding of design and construction processes and documentation. A passion for being on the leading edge of BIM and VDC technology is a must. This person will also have exceptional leadership skills and ability to facilitate project collaboration through the implementation of Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) services on our projects.
The Virtual Design and Construction Manager will be responsible for taking the lead on planning, producing, and implementing a variety of BIM and VDC processes through various life cycles of the project, including but not limited to: visualization, modeling, virtual mock-ups, model-based estimating, 3D coordination, logistics, and visual plan models (4D). While this person will work with other Virtual Design and Construction team members at Pepper’s multiple offices, they are expected to take a leadership role in VDC implementation efforts in Ohio, as well as assist with promoting and advancing the use of technology within Pepper, including company-wide goals and initiatives. This person will also support marketing and business development efforts as needed which may include participating in project interviews.
The Virtual Design and Construction Manager maintains continuous contact with the Vice President of Technical Services to support Operations, other Support Services (i.e. Quality, Safety, Preconstruction,etc.) and Business Development / Marketing personnel, as well as building and maintaining professional relationships with clients, designers, subcontractors and software developers.
Please note: This is NOT an IT job. Qualified applicants will have experience in the commercial construction or design industry.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement VDC processes utilizing appropriate technology platforms through project life cycle (design and construction to facilities management)
- Support Business Development, Preconstruction and Operations teams
- Lead and perform a variety of VDC services,including, but not limited to: Visualization, modeling, virtual mock-ups,model-based estimating, 3D coordination, logistics, and visual plan models (4D)
- Establish and manage project specific budgets,scope, and schedule for project-related BIM and VDC efforts
- Consult with designers, consultants and contractors to establish and maintain file management and BIM protocols
- Educate Operations on BIM processes, and train team members to navigate and operate BIM software
- Develop new ways to utilize model-based information in various phases of projects
- Stay well informed on BIM / VDC best practices and evolving software
- Participate in ongoing collaboration among all of Pepper’s offices including the sharing of best practices and lessons learned
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering,or Construction Management
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the design or construction industry
- Detailed understanding of design and construction processes
- Advanced knowledge and experience with BIM/VDC software applications such as Autodesk Revit, Navisworks, AutoCAD, and Bluebeam Revu
- Familiarity with the following workflows and solutions is a plus: Synchro, Faro Scene, ReCap, gaming engine technologies(Unity, Unreal), 3DS Max, Computational BIM software (Dynamo, grasshopper,Solibri), SketchUp, BIM 360, animation, 2D/3D rendering capabilities
- Self-motivated individual with ability to produce high quality work with little oversight in a collaborative and fast paced environment
- Strong detail orientation, communication(written & verbal), problem-solving, and leadership skills
- Ability to motivate and manage people
Pepper Construction Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer