At Pepper Construction, a Rebar Detailer will be responsible for the production of rebar shop drawings and bar lists from design drawings utilizing Tekla Structures. This person will also support the production, coordination, and managing of other structural Building Information Models (BIM) and deliverables through the life-cycle of a construction project.
Management of digital files from owners, design teams, contractors, and consultants will be required. There will be continuous contact and outreach with Project Teams, Project Support (i.e. Quality, Safety, Preconstruction) and Business Development / Marketing personnel. There is an expectation to develop, cultivate, and maintain professional relationships both internally and externally.
- 3D modeling of concrete reinforcement from design documents
- Production of rebar shop drawings and barlists
- Share in the production and coordination of other 3D object-oriented models
- QA/QC internally and externally developed models
- Perform a variety of Pepper’s Technical Services (e.g. drawing review, coordination, visual scheduling,model-based estimating, virtual mock-ups
- Implement BIM processes and standards in collaboration with project teams
- Support Business Development, Preconstruction and Operations teams in pursuit of new projects through model visualization and phasing techniques
- Assist in the development / maintenance of the company’s BIM related goals, initiatives, and standards
- Educate Operations groups on BIM processes, support project specific BIM efforts, and train personnel to navigate and operate BIM software
- Seek ways to infuse safety and quality methodology into overall BIM efforts
- Develop new ways to utilize model-based information in various phases of projects
- Two to five years\’ experience detailing concrete reinforcement
- Ability to interpret design documentation and local building codes
- Experience with Tekla Structures & Tekla BIMsight preferred
- Minimum 2 year Technical Degree in drafting or detailing preferred
- Detail oriented individual
- Ability to problem solve and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated individual
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong technical, written and verbal communication skills
Pepper Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.