As a Safety Supervisor with Graycor Industrial Constructors, you will assist and guide the project management team in the conduct of assigned field operations and coordinate the Graycor zero injury safety ststem for all activities at the assigned project.
In this position, you will have the responsibility of:
- Conduct regular and continuous job inspections, observe employee work practices throughout the project to detect potential accident situations, and report to Project Safety Management both positive and negative findings;
- Assure elements of the site specific program is adhered to;
- Conduct safety training and job site safety orientations;
- Supervise project safety personnel;
- Interface with customers regarding safety issues;
- Conduct incident investigations and determine incident root cause and corrective action;
- Report project safety program compliance to upper management;
- Implement workplace specific plans when required to meet the applicable company, contract technical documents, and OSHA requirements.
- Assist in planning and training activities regarding safety.
- Perform site inspections to assure tools, equipment, and personnel are safe.
- Coordinate the acquisition of safety related equipment and materials.
- Assist with local and state OSHA inspectors and site inspection activities.
- As directed by the Director Safety, conduct periodic safety evaluations and audits of projects providing feedback on the safety system’s effectiveness.
- Investigate and report injuries and “near misses”.
- Participating in the proper and consistent dissemination of all safety information and company safety policy requirements to jobsite personnel
- Obtaining proper first aid and necessary subsequent medical attention for any injured employee
- Immediately reporting any willful disregard of safety policy or instruction by any Company employee to the Project Safety Manager, and fully document such a situation
- Immediately halting any jobsite activity deemed to be imminently hazardous to personnel or property, to be simultaneously brought to the attention of the Project Manager and Safety Manager.
- Causing any employee obviously impaired by drug or alcohol use to be removed from the work activity and reported to the Project Manager and Safety Manager
- Formulate recommendations for management’s consideration and possible implementation, and;
- May perform the duties of a Safety Representative and other duties as assigned.
In order to be successful in this position, you will need:
- Minimum of five years of safety engineering or related experience;
- Be willing to travel or relocate to the project site for the duration of the project which typical range between 18 and 24 months.
- Strong computer skills (MS Outlook, Word, Excel); strong report writing skills required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills required;
- Ability to facilitate training sessions or meetings with a large group of craft and staff employees.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and interact with client representatives, project managers, and superintendents required.