Matterport is a Series C startup that is shaking up the 3D world. Our team has developed an end-to-end 3D platform that allows anyone to create, edit, and share 3D models of real-world spaces. Our tools are already used by thousands of professionals in a variety of industries, including real estate, hospitality, and location-scouting, as well as by hobbyists who just want to dive into 3D. The hardware we build is critical to our continued success and we are building a stellar systems engineering team to ensure our future.
We are seeking an experienced Sales Engineer for our AEC (Architecture, Engineering & Construction) sales team to help with the technical aspects of selling into these industries and working with industry professionals. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in a technical sales support role or similar.
- Support direct and VAR sales
- Provide technical sales support for internal Inside Sales Representatives during the sales process
- Provide pre-sales qualification to determine technical needs of potential customers
- Build and deliver technical sales training program and support materials for internal Inside Sales Representatives
- Build and deliver technical sales training program and support materials for VAR sales; be the first point of contact for VAR technical support issues
- Gather and distribute feedback from Matterport users to help improve the product
- Attend trade shows and conferences for direct and VAR sales
- Be a technical evangelist for Matterport
- Help customer support develop proper support materials to support our AEC customers
- Contribute to the overall direction and success of the AEC division at Matterport
Skills and Experience
- Understanding of 3D (models, point clouds, images) related data and workflows prospective clients would use with the Matterport capture system
- Experience with related SW products and how our customers would use the Matterport data in their downstream workflows
- Knowledge with Autodesk, SketchUp, Procore, PlanGrid and related SW products is a must
- Experience with image capture and 3D laser scanning technologies and workflows
Matterport is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.