BuiltWorlds is a member network driven by research and building professional connections around technology adoption and strategy.
BuiltWorlds – Overview
Through crowdsourcing insights from our expanding network of built industry professionals from some of the largest companies across the globe, we offer a uniquely curated reference point for the landscape of emerging technology within the built industry. By arming our members with the strategic insights to make the most informed investment and strategic decisions they are able to position themselves for success in the face of change driven by emerging technology. Further, convening our members digitally and in person, BuiltWorlds is a platform for the most influential players in the building and infrastructure sectors to meet, share ideas, and collaborate on emerging technology strategies and opportunities.
Senior Research Analyst – Summary/Objectives:
BuiltWorlds is seeking a Senior Research Analyst with an emphasis on the construction technology vertical to be tasked with working with members to support their engagement within the network and performing research to help members make smart decisions around their technology strategies and investments. Specifically, Analysts will develop and curate original data and insights through benchmarking and surveying of members, working with members on pilot and test projects, facilitating workshops, interviews, and performing other qualitative and quantitative research. Analysts will help educate members on topics of coverage and help members learn and share with one another through a mix of written content, in-person conferences, workshops, and webinars. The Senior Research Analyst will also have the opportunity to work closely with BuiltWorlds’ enterprise members, ensuring they are receiving the resources and custom support needed to succeed within the BuiltWorlds network.
Successful candidates are hard-working, high-energy, enthusiastic, ready to roll up their sleeves and work with our members to make sure they get the insights, connections, and overall high-value experience they are looking for in their BuiltWorlds membership.
Senior Research Analyst – Essential Functions:
(Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.)
- Maintain an overall knowledge of BuiltWorlds Members to support surveying efforts, segmentation, and engagement throughout the year.
- Conceptualize, design, collect and analyze relevant primary survey data from BuiltWorlds Members in an effort to identify industry trends at the macro level and for leading construction technology solutions
- Proactively communicate with industry professionals to gather insights or solidify conference programming.
- Write, edit, and publish timely Research Reports, Top Lists, and Analyst Briefings backed by member research as instructed by the Research Manager.
- Co-program conferences related to your topic(s) of coverage by selecting speakers, curating content, formulating agendas, preparing speakers/panelists, and moderating panels
- Perform regular webinars with BuiltWorlds Members, oftentimes coordinating with industry experts to disseminate expertise on specific topics related to the built industry
- Support the BuiltWorlds Corporate Venture Initiative by researching startups the group is considering for investment and by aiding with pilot projects and monitoring of and reporting on startups the group has invested in.
- Ensure adherence to professional standards and ethics of prospect research.
- Represent BuiltWorlds externally at industry events (including BuiltWorlds own series of conferences)
- Update and maintain HubSpot CRM and Client Directory Pages
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of prior analyst experience.
- Knowledge of research best practices and processes
- Experience in conceptualizing and developing topical content
- Strong comfort level and aptitude for writing, interviewing and gathering and presenting data.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to locate and understand industry information and how it relates to a larger narrative
- Strong verbal and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated record of initiative, problem-solving, and adaptability
- Advanced computer skills, particularly with the Google Suite of applications (Adobe Creative Suite experience a plus)
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs (as needed)
- BS/BA degree or equivalent from an accredited college/university.
- Studies and/or professional experience working in the built industry (preferred)
- Built industry and technology knowledge (preferred)
- This role operates in a fast-paced startup office environment
- The BuiltWorlds’ office is located in downtown Chicago’s Fulton Market
- You will be asked to provide your own computer and phone
- The position caters to self-motivated and resourceful individuals who want the opportunity to work hard, have authorship of an emerging business, and reap the financial and intangible benefits of building a business.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- Some flexibility in hours is allowed but must be available during the “core” work hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Attendance at BuiltWorlds events and industry networking events will also be expected (as applicable).
Benefits: (Strong benefits package, including):
- Up to 15% travel is expected within this role