UL is seeking a Senior Sales Executive to join the UL Data Center Certification team in Northbrook, IL!
Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World. At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
The Senior Sales Executive performs day-to-day sales activities for the UL Data Center Certification Program and performs sales activities aligned to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the service growth. The position is focused on data center certification program sales strategy and execution, closing sales, building sales pipeline, customer engagement and satisfaction, “hunting” and acquiring new business targets, and strategies to maintain and expand the current book of business. The Senior Sales Executive represents the data center certification service offering to prospective customers and aligns professional resources with customer needs through a consultative sales process working with professionals and technical talent to close opportunities. Focus is on specific markets and opportunities according to the company’s organization while seeking ways to expand customer relationships through the breadth of UL’s professional connections.
- Hunt” and acquire new data center customers
- Position UL as a Partner of Choice in the Channel Sales industry through relationship management, customer satisfaction, and account management initiatives
- Work with executives, group leaders and teams to align sales activities forecasts with revenue goals
- Forecast and report opportunities in the Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) leading to revenue 3-6-9-12 months ahead; develop a rolling weighted pipeline that is in line with revenue goals
- Identify and communicate trends within the target market segments to develop/refine the data center certification service for a competitive advantage
- Develop sales plans, including travel and entertainment, for activities needed to grow revenue within target markets: develop close plans for large opportunities
- Provide feedback from prospective customers regarding the perception of the data center certification program within the marketplace
- Track, maintain and report sales and customer-related activities through the CRM system
- Ensure compliance in using UL’s corporate brand identity program to convey a consistent message in all internal and external written, graphic/visual and verbal communication
- Communicate with people outside the company; represent the company to customers, the public, government, and other external sources
- Initiate Sales activities with the Sales team according to market segment and alignment to KPIs; complete reports related to the activities aligned to the KPIs
- Develop and identify locations for articles, white-papers, research and related communications outlets
- Develop and monitor social media outlets to track related industries and data center services
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of sales/business development experience preferred
- 5+ years’ Professional Services sales experience in the Data Center industry preferred
- 5+ years’ Business Development experience in the Data Center industry desired
- Communicates in a clear, concise and professional manner; demonstrates strong written, oral, listening and presentation skills
- Maintains a positive, self-motivated, can-do attitude; is adaptable, flexible and open to change and variety within the workplace
- Domestic and international business travel required