Who we are:
We’re a Chicago-based General Contractor that focuses on commercial build-outs for startups, entrepreneurs, emerging-growth businesses, and infill development. We are a family built & run company, and we treat our people like family. We are committed to fostering relationships with architects, designers, and project managers, as well as supporting and amplifying the roles of women and minorities across the industry.
What we need:
We’re hiring a Site Superintendent to manage commercial interior build-outs for financial clients in Manhattan, New York. Ideal candidates will have experience supervising interior jobs sites of 5k-100k square feet, and have the ability to communicate clearly and promptly with subcontractors, vendors, clients, and office staff.
Education & Experience
Ideal candidates will have completed trade, vocational, or management programs in the construction industry and have 5+ years of experience in a construction supervising role.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Project Superintendent in the construction industry
- Trade or vocational training in construction
- Proficient in Windows operating systems and associated software
- Experience working on smartphones and tablets
- CAD experience a plus
Roles & Responsibilities
- Oversee and implement processes and safety programs as they relate to site activity
- Oversee and implement general site requirement programs and standards
- Perform subcontractor interviews and assist in developing standard subcontractor qualifications and criteria
- Assist in the hiring process for future carpenters and laborers
- Assist in scope review meetings with Project Managers and any additional project team members
- Meet with Architects, Project Managers, and clients to discuss build-out specifications and improvements
- Knowledge of cost estimates for build-out projects, including labor, supplies, and materials, and ability to assist in preparation of estimates with project team
- Drive cost-effective project management techniques and strategies in the field – Assign construction work in an efficient, agile way to keep project on time and within budget
- Maintain a daily job site log
- Coordinate all construction services and activities
- Maintain strict schedule and make changes as necessary to ensure deadlines are met
- Track, prepare, and report change orders to project team
- Strong knowledge of NYC zoning, building codes, permitting, and city liaison processes
Our office is fast-paced, inclusive, collaborative, and solution-oriented. Candidates should be self-starters who are ready to work hard.
How to Apply:
Attach a resume. No cover letter needed. A short intro email will suffice.