About Viewpoint, Inc.
Viewpoint provides innovative software solutions to the global construction and capital project industries. Viewpoint leads the construction software industry, bringing 40 years of construction experience to over 7,000 customers. Viewpoint’s integrated suite of solutions for the office, extended team and field address the full construction life-cycle from planning/bidding to construction and facilities maintenance. Solutions are offered on a variety of platforms, including Cloud, Mobile, and On-premise. Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Viewpoint has become the technology partner of choice, with customers in more than 28 countries.
The Application Specialist is responsible for providing excellent customer service on all assigned Viewpoint applications and solutions by developing expert knowledge of software applications, capabilities, business drivers, and their environments. Responsibilities include providing technical assistance to customers upon request, courteously and promptly resolving questions and problems, and documenting outcomes to the highest level of customer satisfaction.
This role is accountable for quality and responsiveness targeting attainment of high-performance S/OLAs against internal strategic and external customer objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a solid understanding of technical development requirements and user experience direction for assigned software application(s).
- Develop expert level knowledge of features, functions, and capabilities of assigned application(s) to serve as application expert on ERP and other implementation teams.
- Analyze customer requirements and assess feasibility for application fit to customer business requirements.
- Configure and implement select software applications within on premise and cloud based environments, participating in technical aspects of team deliverables, including quality, performance, maintainability, reliability, security, and scalability.
- Interact with product management to understand product road map and comprehend feature requests and defect prioritizations.
- Test functionality against business requirements and use cases.
- Create and maintain documentation as required.
- Enter and track data as required in case management systems.
- Train end users in application usage.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- B.S. in CS, Information Systems, Application Development, or related field preferred
- Construction industry domain experience preferred
- 3+ years in customer facing/service position required
- eCRM experience required
- Strong written and verbal skills required
- Effective trouble shooting and decision making skills
- Proven experience with unit testing
- Work experience in a high availability environment supporting SaaS operations
- Ability to work independently on multiple concurrent tasks
- Business travel of up to 20%