Site 1001 is building a massive-scale, data-intensive backbone for smart buildings and cities of the future. We’re looking for high-performing Software Engineers who aren’t afraid to try anything in the pursuit of elegant, performant products. Your work will provide world-changing features to millions of building owners, operators, and occupants for the foreseeable future.
We’re architecting the full scope of this software suite right now — this is your chance to be a part of selecting and assembling the cutting-edge components to make it happen!
Does this person sound like you? You are a leader among your peers, unafraid to make progress when timing is of the essence. Collaboration is in your blood and you’re ready to work with a world-class distributed team with offices across the country. You have a passion for learning and integrating new technology and taking it to new heights. If so, apply today!
- Design, write, and deliver software with an emphasis on cloud-based micro-services and serverless architectures.
- Build features and services from scratch, take ideas from whiteboard to production.
- Contribute to code and design reviews to keep us on target with high development standards.
- Engage in service capacity and demand planning, software analysis, tuning, and optimization.
- Collaborate with the Infrastructure team to build and scale back-end services and perform root cause analysis.
- Build RESTful APIs and other backend services (websockets, MQTT, message queues, etc).
- 3+ years of experience in commercial software development (especially web, multi-tenant SaaS or PaaS products).
- Advanced knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and asynchronous or event-driven architectures.
- Strong understanding of unit testing and experience with multiple test frameworks.
- Experience running web services at scale.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Proven design and critical thinking skills, and the ability to work independently.
Bonus points for experience with …
IoT, machine learning, artificial intelligence, rules engines, and modern UI frameworks (e.g. React, Redux, Angular, and Polymer).
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field of study.
An attractive compensation package will be made available to outstanding candidates.
We’re technology aficionados! Show us your previous work and tell us about your favorite apps, journals, and products. Why is it good?
Site 1001 is a high performance building management and operations software platform that uses core building information, building systems and sensor data in combination with artificial intelligence to put the “smart” in “smart buildings.” Cloud-based, mobile first, and location-aware, Site 1001 helps owners, operators and facilities manager save money, improve building performance and extend building and asset life by delivering critical facilities information to the right person in the right place at the right time. Backed by a revolutionary building AI technology called ‘Carl,’ Site 1001 users can improve efficiency, slash FM costs, and extend equipment lifecycles without increasing workloads. Site 1001 has created a purposeful environment of mutual respect and free thinking that champion’s innovative solutions while encouraging fresh new ways of thinking about diverse challenges and opportunities. Site 1001 strives to be an organization that possesses the innovative and entrepreneurial energy of a technology company while incorporating a high sense of urgency and a focus on execution that is a hallmark of the company’s legacy. Much of our team is remote and we allow our engineers to work from home.
Those interested in applying for this position should send their resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local independent candidates only. No B2B candidates will be considered.