Flux was created inside of Google X with a mission to improve the quality of buildings worldwide. By using technology to remove barriers between owners, designers, engineers, builders and suppliers Flux offers a platform for unlocking new efficiencies in building design. Although we are a young technology, Flux is already used on some of the largest and most complex construction projects worldwide.
Flux employees are motivated by the expectation that we will leave a meaningful mark on our industry. Many have very strong educational backgrounds, but all share an ability to work efficiently to find elegant solutions to complex problems. We love our beautifully renovated old printshop headquarters in San Francisco’s SOMA area where we regularly find time to host hackathons, jam sessions and ping pong games and share meals in our commercial-quality kitchen.
At Flux, Product Managers are customer focused. We build bold, beautiful and functional solutions that change the way buildings are designed and constructed.
As our Sr. Product Manager you will lead a world class engineering team, developing strategy and apps that are used by Architects, Engineers and Construction experts on a daily basis. You’ll be on the frontier of our industry, applying cloud-based computation and storage technologies to the built environment.
- Balance customer needs and strategic goals of the organization in the form of a product roadmap
- Drive development of product from concept to execution, partnering Engineering and Design
- Work with an internal rapid prototyping team to develop apps that sit on the Flux platform, and provide data and visualization solutions to large-scale building makers
- Monitor the health of your initiatives by designing, monitoring and reporting on key success metrics
- Partner with sales and marketing to take your product to market, and respond to evolving customer needs
- 5+ years of experience in a product management, or product leadership role working with top-tier engineering
- Experience as an advocate of cloud-based software and services
- Impeccable eye for design
- Demonstrated ability to ship world-class product
- Result oriented, with a tendency to experiment and find a path to success without excuses
- Ability to turn technical jargon into actionable insight, and back again
- B.S. degree from an accredited 4-year college
- Experience working within construction, in a professional capacity
- Experience leading complex user research efforts