The Technical Marketing Manager for Construction will play a critical role for the Construction Business Line at Autodesk. The candidate will be responsible for the creation of technical product content that effectively conveys the value of our construction software portfolio to both buyers and customers. In this role, a proven ability to communicate to customers through visual and video content will be critical.
This individual must be able to tell/show a compelling solution story through technical product demonstrations that build confidence with our customers and prove that Autodesk can support their needs. The candidate will spend time with internal stakeholders from our Marketing, Product, Sales and Customer Success teams to understand the needs of our individual personas and to develop technical assets that support conversations with those personas. The Technical Marketing Manager will also provide technical product and market expertise in support of events.
The Technical Marketing Manager will also be responsible for putting together compelling demonstrations and technical assets that will be used to support the sales and marketing funnel as well as produce technical documentation in the form of white papers, to help communicate and educate on the product value proposition. Interfacing with internal and external stakeholders including customers, will be a critical part of the role. Being able to communicate product details in layman’s terms for a broad variety of audiences will be essential.
Autodesk is in a period of rapid change as we continue to transform our business models and focus on term and cloud-based offerings to existing customers and new prospects. The successful candidate will have significant input into the shape, direction and growth of the organization as we transition through this change.
- Ability to articulate the value of our solution and/or product feature and functionality directly to the customers’ challenge/business need
- Create storyboards and visual representations of construction workflows for use in pre-sales and customer adoption programs
- Produce product videos that demonstrate the capabilities of our product portfolio to support construction workflows, including video and audio components
- Develop and manage a set of project datasets to be used in product demos
- Maintain close relationships with Autodesk teams and customers in order to effectively represent the voice of the customer with respect to technical content
- Measure effectiveness of sales tools. Conduct on-going Field satisfaction surveys and analyze results
- Help train internal and external product representatives to deliver product presentations and demonstrations
- Provide clear information regarding demo content and scripts
- Build recorded demos and presentations that drive users of the product to become enthusiastic advocates and eventually experts
- Support live or recorded product demonstrations in support of Sales or Customer Support as needed
- Provide product expertise for events such as conferences, trade shows, webinars, and seminars, including product demo materials
- Attend trade shows and conduct demos in booth. Conduct demos for solutions and products virtually
- 5-7 years experience in a technical role in the construction industry or software provider
- Hands-on experience with Autodesk software, with a strong preference towards experience using BIM 360
- Comprehensive understanding of how software can be applied to digitize construction processes and enabling business process change; particularly in pre construction and construction execution phases of a project
- Experience self-producing high-quality video content using Camtasia Studio, Adobe Creative Suite, Apple Final Cut Pro or similar video editing software
- Passion for technology and knowledge of AEC software, IT and technology trends
- Excellent interpersonal skills required in order to build strong relationships, particularly with sales, field and product organizations and partners, and an ability to be highly successful in a matrix management organization
- Proven ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Passion for teaching others; knowledgeable and experienced at using a mix of design tools and technology to educate others
- Effective communication skills and strong presentation skills
- Excel at collaborating with colleagues and stakeholders to get the job done and thoroughly enjoy being part of a team
- Travel: 20%