As the VP of Sales you will be responsible for driving the success of the sales team, nurturing business development opportunities, and building sales strategy and documentation for a growing start up. You will be adept at identifying pain points and overcoming objections and ensure your team has the resources and motivation to consistently meet or exceed sales goals.
You will directly manage sales teams across the country and you will be tasked with identifying and evaluating potential growth opportunities, provide market research and analysis, and help shape incentive programs for sales account executives and sales development representatives. As a VP of Sales you will work closely with CEO and Board of Directors to establish a proper strategic direction and data-driven execution plan to grow the company’s business.
You will be responsible for
- Develop plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s sales goals
- Manage the sales teams, operations and resources to deliver profitable growth
- Define and oversee incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets
- Define and coordinate sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives
- Work closely with product development to ensure that the right products are developed based on customer feedback/needs, size of sales opportunities, probability of success, and company long-term strategy
- Maintain key customer relationships and develop and implement strategies for expanding the company’s customer base.
- Coordinate with the marketing team to maximize lead generation via web, email, shows, etc.
- Help develop pricing policies, including volume discounts and terms and conditions, for high-profile customers and channel partners.
- Participate in sales, business development and existing customer calls or meetings as appropriate to hear and understand first-hand the needs and requirements of prospects and customers.
- Meet with customers and partners to explain the product roadmap and get input of future product direction and evolution.
- Drive territory design and play a critical role in determining sales quotas, comp plan design and ensuring aligned to all sales channels and resources
- Ensure business objectives are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, products, and initiatives.
- Manage and improve on overall sales process, set appropriate metrics for sales funnel management, and provide accurate sales forecasting for demand planning
- Exceed customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction
- Put in place infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales function
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions
- 10+ years experience in driving sales, managing sales operations, building high performing sales teams and executive forecast reporting in a SaaS software environment
- 5+ years of experience in team management
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated success in building strategic customer relationships at the C-level
- Majority of prior work experience should be selling SaaS/Software
- Proven record of being able to provide predictable and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts
- A highly motivated and relentless competitor who has a proven record of closing and growing sales
- Must be a hands-on, self-starter that is able to multitask between day-to-day tactical execution and high-level strategic thinking
- History of leveraging data and analytics to drive decision-making
- A working style that is rooted in ownership, passion, teamwork, innovation, and collaboration
- Ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly and understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented and passionate team
- Proven professional maturity to manage a team of high-functioning people and prioritize activities plus the ability to interact with leadership across the company
- Excellent Analytical, Planning, Project Management and Process Development Skills
- Ability to work against tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment keeping a keen eye on detail and accuracy
- Experience with Salesforce/CRM tools
- Experience in the construction industry is a plus; preferably with an industry leading general contractor or architect
- “Get it done” attitude and a background delivering amazing results