We are seeking an interaction designer to invent spatial VR interfaces that drive enjoyable, intuitive experiences for enterprise customers. Candidates should have experience in UX, HCI, or game design. In this role, you will work with a multidisciplinary team to solve next-generation design problems that drive real value to architects, engineers, construction firms, and many others.
As the VR UX Design Lead, you will help define new interaction paradigms across the VR industry, and you’ll be able to do so while providing immediate value to building design and construction. You’ll work alongside a team that gives you the freedom to explore new ideas, challenges your 2D biases, and encourages creative risks.
- Drive the conceptualization and prototyping of in-headset interaction that allows users to navigate through, collaborate on, and model in their virtual environments in seamless ways.
- Conduct user tests frequently and with a wide range of customer personas.
- Work within the product team, alongside PMs and developers, to test iterations of the interface and offer human-centered feedback during development.
- Drive decisions down to the fine details, from animations to 3D icons, to make every interaction feel responsive, intuitive, properly scaled, and satisfying.
- Plan UX/UI with an eye towards the future, and make sure IrisVR stays one step ahead of the next headset release and interface standard.
- 5+ years of professional UX experience designing world-class software or working in AEC.
- A thorough understanding of graphic and user interaction design principles.
- Experience writing code in Unity or Unreal Engine to prototype ideas.
- Ability to think and design in 3D.
- Current knowledge of video game technology is a plus. Yes, we’d prefer that you’re a gamer.
- Highly effective multidisciplinary collaboration skills.
- Personal commitment to quality and attention to detail.
- Confidence with design communication to non-designers.
- Strong prioritization and decision-making skills.
- An online portfolio of work which conveys your capabilities.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or Interaction Design, or equivalent experience
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Open, paid vacation policy
- A great office environment in the heart of NYC at Union Square
- Flexible work arrangements
- The opportunity to work alongside the leaders in immersive technology
- Access to the latest virtual reality and augmented reality hardware