What’s happening this week in our industry? Here’s our Friday round up of news and announcements from members of the BuiltWorlds network. Want to be included? Send your press releases or story ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. WakeCap announces partnership with Consolider Contractors International (CCC)
WakeCap provides geopositioning for materials, equipment, and workers. CCC, the largest construction company in the United Arab Emirates, will pilot WakeCap’s solution on the Opera Grand Tower project in Dubai.
2. Pype outlines the critical information project teams must have at the start of a project
Pype is a software that helps users start projects faster. They published a blog post detailing that, at the start of a project, the project team must know which tests and inspections are required and how to document these tests.
3. StructionSite helps project teams meet construction photo documentation specifications
StructionSite is a digital jobsite documentation platform. Matt Daly, a co-founder of StructionSite, blogged about different specifications for the frequency, quality, and storage of jobsite photography.
4. Ving relates the importance of good communication to workplace safety
In a recent blog post, Ving, a video platform for providing and monitoring employee safety training, highlighted the importance of training, open communication, and on-the-job communication.
5. WeatherBuild discusses the perils of lightning on the jobsite
WeatherBuild is an application that gives construction teams actionable data regarding the weather. They blogged about ways the application alerts workers of potential lightening strikes.