In an unprecedented sign of the breadth and depth of strategic interest in startups in the construction sector, five of the industry's major players teamed up to host a global startup competition this year. Led by Cemex Ventures, the global building materials giant, the effort was joined by Ferrovial, Hilti, Leonard by Vinci, and NOVA by St. Gobain, Together, these companies have invested millions in startups like Concrete Sensors, ecomedes, StructionSite, and more. So, they represent a very real and powerful group of champions for the construction industry's technology fueled re-invention.
We were pleased to host the ten winners of the competition at our Venture Conference earlier this December. The startups participating were organized into four categories: Safety & Sustainability, Supply Chain, Productivity, and New Materials and Construction Methods.
The Judges picked Five "gold medal" winners from among the ten, but we have demos and a full list of the ten winners below. We are excited to host gold medalist winners again live at our US Summit this Summer.
Network Members: Watch the 10 Winner Demos Below!
BuiltWorlds NetWork Members: Watch the Winners' Demos Above:
Not yet a member? Join now, for access to our full library of startup demos, conferences, calls, research, and more.
The 10 Winners! All presented at the BuiltWorlds Venture Conference Demo Day.
- Beawre Digital, AI-driven SaaS platform that reduces budget overruns and delays in projects in real-time, enabling continuous operational risk control on processes
- CarbiCrete, Cleantech company whose breakthrough patented technology enables the production of cement-free, carbon-negative concrete made with industrial by-products and captured carbon dioxide.
- Construyo, Europe’s first marketplace and SaaS solution for the architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) industry
- Converge, Productivity and sustainability optmization for the entire construction lifecycle by combining the power of AI, BIM and physical sensor data
- Handle, A software and financing platform to help construction contractors and suppliers ensure payment for work and have better access to capital.
- HIBOO, SaaS application that processes construction equipment data and makes it easily accessible to empower field operations
- Modulous, Generative design software and standardised kit of parts to design and deliver healthy, sustainable and affordable homes through a distributed network of local assembly partners
- Okibo, Autonomous indoor robot for application of construction materials, part of the finishing process, combining a unique 3D perception technology, an automatic path planning and a fully autonomous robotic work flow.
- Voyage Control, SaaS platform to help construction firms manage their logistics and supply chain more efficiently as well as support their compliance needs
- WaveScan Technologies, Disruptive beamforming electromagnetics based on smart scanner systems and advanced AI algorithms, enabling high-resolution 3D imaging for non-destructive applications.