What’s happening this week in our industry? Here’s our Friday round up of news and announcements from members of the BuiltWorlds network. Want to be included? Send your press releases or story ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. WeatherBuild identified as leading construction application
CIOApplications, a technology magazine based in Silicon Valley, named WeatherBuild a Top Construction Application Transforming Business. WeatherBuild is an application that gives construction teams actionable data regarding the weather
2. DLA Piper’s Maxine Hicks recognized as a top real estate lawyer
Law360 magazine named the head of DLA Piper’s Atlanta Office, Maxine Hicks, a 2017 Real Estate MVP.
3. Mortenson and Uplift Data Partners working on Mercyhealth Hospital and Trauma Center-Riverside project
Mortenson, a leading general contractor, is working with Uplift, a premier drone services provider for construction, on the Mercyhealth Hospital and Trauma Center-Riverside project. Mortenson’s superintendent praised the drone footage for helping him track worksite progress.
4. Pepper Construction to renovate First Division Museum at Cantigny Park
Pepper Construction, a premier Chicago-based general contractor, is working with leading exhibition developers, including Luci Creative and Ravenswood Studio, to remodel the First Division Museum.
5. Three SOM architects recognized as pioneering women in architecture
The Beverly Willis Architecture Foundation created a website entitled Pioneering Women of American Architecture that profiles 50 of the most influential female architects in modern history. The website features former SOM architects Natalie Griffin de Blois, Norma Merrick Sklarek, and Patricia Weston Swan.