BuiltWorlds’ Benchmarking Program gives members the invaluable opportunity to assess their technology adoption relative to their industry peers, providing profound insights into enhancing their tech stack. The Technology Specialty Reports harness comprehensive survey data sourced from worldwide general contractors and AEC professionals. This data supplies indispensable insights and contextual understanding, helping to employ informed decision-making regarding technology integration. Within the Technology Specialty Reports, standout solutions are identified through aggregated survey data from different categories including: adoption/utilization, ease of use, data quality, software platform UX/UI, data integration with existing software(s), and purchase & delivery efficiency.
Want a comprehensive breakdown of Equipment & Machinery Marketplace Solutions BuiltWorlds Members are Using?
Overall Top Solution
EquipmentShare is a nationwide equipment and digital solutions company serving the construction industry. EquipmentShare offers a T3 technology platform and equipment rental, retail and service solutions. EquipmentShare operates as an equipment rental company and offers cloud-connected technology and equipment solutions to simplify construction work. EquipmentShare offers GPS tracking across rented fleets, keypads on machines for in-person and remote access control, and a service team dedicated to monitoring the health and performance of every rented machine.
In the 2023 Benchmarking Survey, EquipmentShare received the top user satisfaction scores, showcasing three main strengths that surpassed the industry average. Although it didn't take the lead as the most adopted Equipment & Machinery Marketplace solution, EquipmentShare stood out as the sole widely embraced solution to outperform the industry average in overall satisfaction and three functional categories.
See the full report for more details.
- Leading the Pack: Equipment and Machinery Marketplace (E&M) Solutions earned the highest overall satisfaction ratings compared to all of the other tech specialty areas within the Tools, Equipment, & Robotics category.
- Strong User Ratings: Functional Use categories gained impressive industry average ratings, with the lowest score being 7.6, reflecting the high satisfaction levels even within solutions with perceived weaknesses.
- High Potential, Low Utilization: Despite its potential, only 5.6% of survery respondents indicated the use of E&M Marketplace solutions in all projects, with a staggering majority of 66.7% uncertain about the adoption of these soltuions, revealing an untapped opportunity for widespread implementation.
BuiltWorlds’ Benchmarking Program highlights leading construction technology solutions within five categories:
- Project Management & Oversight
- Field Management Solutions
- Tools, Equipment, & Robotics
- Offsite (Modular) Construction
This year’s annual Tools, Equipment, & Robotics Benchmarking Report has just been released and supplies aggregated results and key findings from the 2023 survey that focused on the five tech speciality areas:
- Equipment & Machinery Marketplace Solutions
- Fleet Management & Monitoring Solutions
- Robotics Solutions
- Tools Management Solutions
- Wearable Solutions
*Rankings are not definitive and the software has not been tested by BuiltWorlds Analysts. They are only a reflection of the survey results collected from companies using the technology based on their completed survey results. For more information, visit BuiltWorlds terms and conditions.
Want to Take a Free Assessment to See How Your Tech Stack Compared to Other Industry Players?
Complete the BuiltWorlds Benchmarking Survey and you will receive a free assessment breaking down how your company's tech stack compares to your peers. This initiative will also help BuiltWorlds to improve our results so that we can continue to help the AEC industry make smarter, well-informed, and efficient tech decisions.