BuiltWorlds’ Benchmarking Program gives members the invaluable opportunity to assess their technology adoption relative to their industry peers, providing profound insights into enhancing their tech stack. The Technology Specialty Reports harness comprehensive survey data sourced from worldwide general contractors and AEC professionals. This data supplies indispensable insights and contextual understanding, helping to employ informed decision-making regarding technology integration. Within the Tools Management Solutions Tech Specialty Report, standout solutions are identified through aggregated survey data from different categories including: adoption/utilization, ease of use, data quality, software platform UX/UI, data integration with existing software(s), and reporting/analytics capabilities.
Want a comprehensive breakdown of Tools Management Solutions BuiltWorlds Members are Using?
Overall Top Solution
ON!Track (Hilti) combines Bluetooth asset tags, cloud-based software, and Field Resource Management Solutions to help project teams solve problems related to managing assets, consumables, service and repair needs, workers, and safety certifications. ON!Track's smart tags and connected services detect real-time activity and produce data and insights on which tools are idle where tools are needed most.
Benchmarking data indicates that ON!Track is the second most-implemented tools management solution among survey respondents. Survey data also show that ON!Track has the highest user satisfaction rating of the identified solutions. ON!Track's overall user satisfaction rating exceeds the industry average across solutions and also earned above-average satisfaction in every functional area surveyed for.
- Diverse Tools Management Solutions Identified: Our survey revealed five distinct tools management solutions, showcasing the range of approaches in the industry to manage tools.
- Moderate Adoption and Implementation Rates: Tools management solutions see moderately high adoption rates, with 61.5% of respondents incorporating them across projects. Implementation is moderate, as 26.9% utilize these solutions for every project.
- Satisfaction Lags Behind Adoption: Despite relatively high adoption and implementation rates, industry-wide satisfaction ratings remain low-to-moderate. This suggests that companies are actively seeking suitable tools management solutions that align better with their specific needs.
BuiltWorlds’ Benchmarking Program highlights leading construction technology solutions within five categories:
- Project Management & Oversight
- Field Management Solutions
- Tools, Equipment, & Robotics
- Offsite (Modular) Construction
This year’s annual Tools, Equipment, & Robotics Benchmarking Report has just been released and supplies aggregated results and key findings from the 2023 survey that focused on the five tech speciality areas:
- Equipment & Machinery Marketplace Solutions
- Fleet Management & Monitoring Solutions
- Robotics Solutions
- Tools Management Solutions
- Wearable Solutions
*Rankings are not definitive and the software has not been tested by BuiltWorlds Analysts. They are only a reflection of the survey results collected from companies using the technology based on their completed survey results. For more information, visit BuiltWorlds terms and conditions.
Want to Take a Free Assessment to See How Your Tech Stack Compares to Other Industry Players?
Complete the BuiltWorlds Benchmarking Survey and you will receive a free assessment breaking down how your company's tech stack compares to your peers. This initiative will also help BuiltWorlds to improve our results so that we can continue to help the AEC industry make smarter, well-informed, and efficient tech decisions.