The areas of Bid Management and Pre-Qualifications, Estimating, Scheduling, Modeling & Simulation, or Value Engineering and Life Cycle Analysis have seen significant growth in recent years. Companies like BuildingConnected, ALICE Technologies, PYPE, Helix, IRIS, and Join are among the new companies making waves in the space.
On this list, we take stock of the sector's and incumbents.
Access the 2020 PreConstruction Report For More
Members can access our Preconstruction and Construction Technology Research Reports for a more complete analysis of solutions by topic area, market leaders, emerging players, and other insights from our Benchmarking Program about where Adoption is strongest.
Pre-Construction Software 50 List
About the List: Who is on it, and who is not and why?
The List is Not Exhaustive. If you want every solution, go to the directory.
We could have had a Preconstruction 100 list at this point. There are now so many solutions at play for the planning phases of Buildings & Infrastructure Projects. In fact, we have a directory of companies to explore by company type, and increasingly, those companies can be searched there by market sector they serve and where they are based. You can also unlock a section of the company profiles for more analysis of that company.
The List is Intended to Be "Representative," not comprehensive. The directory is a better place for a more comprehensive listing.
The Preconstruction 50 was organized to provide a flavor of the solutions in the major sectors of pre-construction we look at under that heading.
- Some companies on the list may easily have fit under more headings, but we chose to place them only under certain headings in order to provide room for a representative list.
- Some companies on the list are member/subscribers to BuiltWorlds as of the publication date of this list. We have Indicated those firms in bold letters in order to be transparent.
- We have also made an effort to include a representative sampling of early stage players in the sector for the benefit of our members who are interested in new solutions.
- Certain areas of project planning activity such as Building Product and Materials Marketplaces, Design Tools, and Modularization and Fabrication Tools, Drones and Scanners, and field-oriented Resource Planning and Scheduling solutions are not on this list. We will include them in different lists and also make more of an effort to catalogue them in the directory. Again, you can always go to the Network Directory and search "Technology" and "Type" to find them.
- Certain Sectors like single family home building are under-represented on the list. We recently launched a "Sectors" search feature in our directory and will begin filling out more sector-specific offerings.
For more in depth information about the companies on this list and to learn of other companies in these areas consult our more in-depth research reports and our companies directory or see below the list for more informational videos and reports on the topic.
(You can also click through companies to find more information on their company pages.)
Bid Management Solutions
- BidVue (Stratusvue)
- BuildingConnected (Autodesk)
- Dodge Data & Analytics
- isqft (ConstructConnect)
- Pantera Global Technology
- SmartBid (ConstructConnect)
Watch Past Sessions & Meet Experts on Pre-Construction Software to Learn More:
Artificial Intelligence (AI) algorithms can provide a framework to evaluate the chaotic nature of a real-world jobsite. For example, an AI system can take vast lakes of incoming data and optimize millions of project scheduling options to give Project Managers better tools for making decisions
Salla Eckhardt leads this panel, alongside an esteemed group of industry experts, focused on digital twins and the future of BIM.
Rene Morkos’ presentation from the February Preconstruction Planning Call
Eric Law’s presentation from the February Preconstruction Planning Call
Revizto is the industry-leading Integrated Collaboration Platform (ICP) used by Architects, Engineers, Contractors and Owners to maximize workflows throughout the project lifecycle. Revizto empowers teams to drive accountability, mitigate risks, improve timelines and maximize cost-savings by enabling real-time collaboration across platforms, model types and teams, from in-office, on-site, and any device.
Builtworlds Presenting: Technology in Construction | Engineering Technologies in China Northwestern University Students on BIM Technology – China MPM Student Presenters: Jiazheng Zhao and Zhengbang Liang Presenters discuss: The crowded urban areas of China demand an approach to technology in construction that optimizes a variety of structures on a large scale. The use of BIM […]
2020 Infrastructure Conference (Day 1) Session Recording – Emerging Technology in Planning Road Work Session Overview: David Hettinger, Founder of Entropy.Build moderated this discussion of the types of emerging technologies finding their way into use in the planning of road work and other large heavy civil projects. Speakers: Dave Hettinger, Founder, Entropy.Build Don Matthews, Division Manager, Pavement […]
2020 Project Delivery Conference, DPR’s Charlie Dunn, Digital Twin Visualization is our Superpower: Planning with a Time Machine
2020 Project Delivery Conference (Day 1) Session Recording – Digital Twin Visualization is our Superpower: Planning with a Time Machine Speakers: Charlie Dunn, Project Storyteller, DPR Construction Session Overview: The benefits of utilizing digital twin and visualization technology in pre-construction have been well-documented. Namely, enhanced collaboration opportunities between project stakeholders are helping built industry professionals […]
Podaris is an online application that enables collaborative transport planning, engineering, and stakeholder engagement — because cities work better when they work together.
Helix Facilitator of digital twins using laser scanning, photogrammetry, computer vision and artificial intelligence. Presenter: James Roche, CEO. Weekly Demo Drops are sponsored by BuiltWorlds Venture Forum (BVF). BVF brings together action-oriented GCs, engineering firms, and other strategic players in the construction sector that share in the belief that change and innovation needed in the […]
Modeling and Simulation
- Autodesk (Revit, Navisworks, AutoCAD, Recap)
- BIMx (Graphisoft/Nemetschek Group)
- FARO Scene
- Revizto (Vizerra)
- Tekla (Trimble)
- Asta Powerproject
- Microsoft Project
- Primavera (Oracle)
- Synchro (Bentley)
- RIB iTWO 4.0
Concept Estimating, Value Engineering, Life Cycle Costing, Design Assistance.