BuiltWorlds’ Benchmarking Program gives members the invaluable opportunity to assess their technology adoption relative to their industry peers, providing profound insights into enhancing their tech stack. The Technology Specialty Reports harness comprehensive survey data sourced from worldwide general contractors and AEC professionals. This data supplies indispensable insights and contextual understanding, helping to employ informed decision-making regarding technology integration. Within the Fleet Management & Monitoring Solutions Tech Specialty Report, standout solutions are identified through aggregated survey data from different categories including: adoption/utilization, ease of use, inventory control & management, job costing & billing, location tracking, maintenance/parts replacement management, performance/utilization monitoring, project data integration, and purchasing & procurement.
Want a comprehensive breakdown of Fleet Management & Monitoring Solutions BuiltWorlds Members are Using?
Overall Top Solution
Since 1986, HCSS Telematics has provided an all-encompassing GPS solution that is designed to help construction firms and contractors in overseeing diverse fleets. Their tracking software streamlines processes, minimizing data duplication while enabling the automatic integration of meter reading from machinery for a more efficient management of preventive maintenance schedules.
According to 2023 Benchmarking data, HCSS received notably high marks for both their user satisfaction ratings and implementation rate, making it this year's the top fleet monitoring solution. HCSS exceeded the industry average satisfaction across every functional use category we surveyed except one.
See the full report for more details.
- Growing Adoption: 45.5% of surveyed companies disclosed their use of Fleet Management & Monitoring solutions within some capacity.
- Expanding Implementation: Functional Use categories gained impressive industry average ratings, with the lowest score being 7.6, reflecting the high satisfaction levels even within solutions with perceived weaknesses.
- Room for Satisfaction Growth: These solutions earned a moderate user satisfaction average ranking, ranging from 4.9 to 6.3 out of 10 across functional categories.
BuiltWorlds’ Benchmarking Program highlights leading construction technology solutions within five categories:
- Project Management & Oversight
- Field Management Solutions
- Tools, Equipment, & Robotics
- Offsite (Modular) Construction
This year’s annual Tools, Equipment, & Robotics Benchmarking Report has just been released and supplies aggregated results and key findings from the 2023 survey that focused on the five tech speciality areas:
- Equipment & Machinery Marketplace Solutions
- Fleet Management & Monitoring Solutions
- Robotics Solutions
- Tools Management Solutions
- Wearable Solutions
*Rankings are not definitive and the software has not been tested by BuiltWorlds Analysts. They are only a reflection of the survey results collected from companies using the technology based on their completed survey results. For more information, visit BuiltWorlds terms and conditions.
Want to Take a Free Assessment to See How Your Tech Stack Compares to Other Industry Players?
Complete the BuiltWorlds Benchmarking Survey and you will receive a free assessment breaking down how your company's tech stack compares to your peers. This initiative will also help BuiltWorlds to improve our results so that we can continue to help the AEC industry make smarter, well-informed, and efficient tech decisions.