Who is BuiltWorlds?
Since launching its login state member network back in 2018, BuiltWorlds has become the premier global live and digital network connecting and informing investors, industrials, startups, and mature tech companies in the fast growing construction tech space, now with more than 2,000 users from 270 companies in twenty-two countries, and we are just getting started!
How Do We Fulfill Our Mission?
As technology takes hold in the Buildings and Infrastructure Industries, millions of professionals in those industries are increasingly seeking help understanding those trends and identifying the people and solutions that can ensure the survival of their businesses through this period of change. Through a suite of subscription memberships, providing access to our events and digital resources, BuiltWorlds arms those companies with the information, connections and tools they need, not just to survive, but to thrive as this massive sector of the world economy is transformed, digitally.
What Would Your Role Be?
BuiltWorlds serves thousands of community members and reaches hundreds of thousands of professionals around the world each month. Your job is to field inbound inquiries about membership, and perform outreach to our broader community to educate professionals about our offerings and to convert them to active network members. There are more than 30 million professionals in this market. The sky is the limit. You will assess the specific needs of each professional you contact, help them understand BuiltWorlds offerings and find the specific suite of solutions that fits best for them, and partner with others on the team to help them with upgrades and renewals.
What Does the Role Require?
- An insatiable passion for building the network. There are 700,000 construction companies and hundreds of thousands of other related companies that are prospects for membership. It is a huge segment of the economy that is just now entering digital disruption. The opportunity is enormous.
- Know the product inside and out. Answer Inbound questions about membership, converting inbound to digital members or setting up meetings with others at BuiltWorlds to help land bigger membership packages. Be proactive, professional, and proficient.
- Work closely with the rest of the team to identify, segment, and prospect marketing-generated leads as well as generating your own leads through \”off line methods.\”
- Create awesome emails and phone exchanges that drive positive engagement.
- Be meticulous about maintaining the Hubspot CRM.
- Work closely with other team members on larger account opportunities.
- Be ready to work with professionals in construction, tech, and related fields around the world. That means calls could be early in the morning or late in the evening, depending on where the potential member is.
- Be prepared to address inbound leads within three hours, as much as possible.
- We have great conferences and events in exciting places like Chicago, San Francisco, Miami, and Paris. As you develop relationships and hone your skills as an effective brand ambassador, you will have the opportunity to participate in our expanding roster of events and to nurture relationships in person with the BuiltWorlds Community, converting ticket buyers to new members and deepening relationships with new members.
What Can We Offer You?
- An opportunity to get in on the ground floor and a path to create your own opportunity. As you grow the network and develop segments and territories, you could have the opportunity to build a broad book of account or simply expand your own book of business to the limits.
- BuiltWorlds has proven to be a great learning environment for anyone interested in challenging themselves to learn all they can and grow all they are able to in a small business in a fast emerging sector. The pace tends to be pretty fast and rewarding to people who dig in and figure stuff out.
- Currently in the office four days a week, we are a small, supportive team based in River North in Chicago.
- We offer Health, Dental and Vision.
- We offer a liberal Commission Program for this role.
- While the work is demanding and hours are variable, we offer significant flexibility and unlimited PTO.
- As mentioned we also offer the opportunity to travel to exciting places and to meet really interesting people. Past conference locations have included New York, Palo Alto, and Paris.
- We work on super interesting problems with really interesting people, ranging from world class architects and city builders to roboticist and venture capitalists. You would have a chance to be a part of that work.
- Demonstrated aptitude and attitude are how we\’ll measure your success, and, although we are small and may not have training and other programs, if you bring competence and commitment, we will work hard to ensure you are set up for success and to manage you for success. Further, we maintain a work environment free from discrimination, and are committed to a workplace where all are treated with respect and professionalism and have equal opportunities to excel.