Common other titles for this role include: Emerging Technology Engineer, Project Solutions Specialist, Operations Technology Specialist, etc. At Barton Malow the Business Transformation Team is responsible for working with multiple groups including VDC and project teams, to identify, test, and ultimately deploy technology that will ensure Barton Malow\’s long-term relevance. This role has great growth potential within the company.
Does this sound like you?
- You have been looking for an opportunity to be creative, innovate and develop new solutions.
- You are highly curious and are passionate about learning new things. You learn quickly and like to “tinker”.
- You are known for candor, authenticity, transparency, and being non-political. You treat people with respect regardless of their status or disagreement with you.
- You welcome feedback from others and enjoy engaging in healthy conflict to get to a great solution.
- You admit mistakes freely and openly.
- You love working with a team and you are a sought-after team member.
If that all sounds like you, read on…
- You have experience executing construction management processes (RFIs, submittals, drawing management, punch, closeout, etc.) and have mentored or trained others to execute these same processes.
- You enjoy using technology and learn it quickly and thoroughly. You like to explore new features and find better ways to achieve processes.
- You develop innovative, integrated, and effective project solutions (says you and others).
- You seek to understand customers (internal & external), and how to \”delight them\”.
- You are well suited to guide discussions about highly technical processes & functionalities with individuals with less in-depth knowledge about the subject matter.
- You contribute to internal training needs as a Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- You contribute to fostering an integrated team experience through communication and collaboration.
- You have excellent organizational skills, strong written and oral communication skills, and consistently set reasonable deadlines and meet them.
- Lead cross-functional meetings aimed at aligned testing and deployment of project management tools.
- Become an expert in Autodesk BIM360 and Autodesk Build, and Building Connected as well as other project delivery technologies.
- Work with VDC and project teams to develop processes and use our technology stack to address complex customer and project requirements.
- Provide support for resolution and tracking of project issues, and coordinate with software providers as necessary to resolve issues.
- Lead and perform software testing for new releases of existing and new software. Coordinate with others from throughout the company.
- Understand our BIM workflows and how they do/can integrate with project management tools. Work with the team to develop and integrate processes.
- Create and deliver formal training: e-learning, instructor-led and webinar, as required. Train and support other team members, project teams, preconstruction, safety, etc.
- Participate in preparation and delivery of presentations at various industry events and conferences.
- Mentor other team members in character, leadership, quality, and standards.
- Ultimately learn to use and apply tools like PowerBI and Robotic Process Automation (RPA) to drive efficiency on our projects.
Software & Process Knowledge
- The preferred candidate will possess strong working knowledge of construction software and process OR have a passion to learn quickly. Below are examples:
- Project Management such as Autodesk BIM 360 Autodesk Build to drive Submittal, RFIs, Drawing Management, Meeting Minutes, Issue Tracking
- Bid Management platform like Building Connected.
- Reality Capture such as StructionSite and DroneDeploy
- Tools like Navisworks, Revit, BIM Collaborate, Assemble, Synchro, etc. to facilitate BIM enabled processes/workflows.
- Change Management
The preferred candidate has…
- 2-4 years of experience managing Project Management / VDC workflows for architecture, engineering, construction, or manufacturing and enjoys working collaboratively with diverse teams.
- Experience and expertise in developing, implementing, and managing technological processes to improve project outcomes.
- Knowledge of construction and A/E contract language.
- Active listening skills and effective communication including an openness to diverse input and feedback.
- Experienced in facilitating meetings and training events
- Experience (directly or indirectly) managing teams, people, and processes
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and manage multiple project tasks
Things you need to know about the role…
- Depending on your location, you may need to work remotely and should have a suitable work environment.
- This position may require travel up to 50%. This may increase/decrease depending on your location of residence.