With billions flowing into the development of new and emerging technologies, construction and related companies need help making sense of the changes and finding the right solutions to drive their businesses. At the same time, the thousands of solutions finding their way to market need help achieving product/market fit and a new class of sector-focused investors are also working to make sense of the market and its potential opportunities. In the middle of this explosive growth and change, BuiltWorlds has emerged as a leading platform for equipping these companies with the insights and connections they need to succeed.
As a leader in a small but growing team, the ideal candidate is someone who brings an entrepreneurial, self-starting spirit and will take a leadership role in managing our construction tech, benchmarking program, databases, research newsletters, briefings and reports, presentations, analyst calls, peer group forum meetings, advanced advisory services, and other educational events.
Beyond the functional role described here, this person will also have the opportunity to be part of the business leadership within BuiltWorlds, helping with management and development of the construction tech team, roadmapping and strategic planning for the growth of this business segment, engaging directly with member companies to ensure continuous renewal and deepening of engagement, and working to integrate the construction tech segment of the business in with other topic areas in a way that strengthens the value prop of the whole enterprise for its members.
- In concert with peers, strengthen existing BuiltWorlds programs while planning and executing the future growth of those programs.
- Collaborate proactively with Sales, Marketing, and others within BuiltWorlds to grow the membership and deepen member involvement.
- Partner with other directors to support the growth and health of the network in areas like investment, advanced building products and materials, and elsewhere outside of this position\’s immediate scope.
- Source expert speakers and host our Analyst Calls, Construction Tech Peer Group Meetings and Construction Tech Conferences and Conference sessions, continuously growing and deepening member involvement.
- Produce a weekly Analyst Briefing, a weekly newsletter, benchmarking reports and awards, Top Lists, and other construction tech research.
- Develop and Lead the Construction Tech Analyst team within BuiltWorlds.
- Bachelor\’s degree or equivalent. Minimum 3.5 GPA.
- 5+ years\’ in the digital side of an engineering and construction company or related consulting, advisory, professional network, research analyst, technology, or similar role.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience Managing Others.
- Experience working in digital-first companies a plus.
- Experience managing and working in client-facing roles is critical.
- Must be passionate about connecting with and helping members and prospective members.
- Experience working in a small, scrappy, bootstrapping environment or evidence of an ability to thrive in that type of environment is critical. If you are looking for a \”big company\” experience, this is probably not the right environment for you.
- A passion for learning and growing a practice area and role, and also taking active ownership of the opportunity and responsibility to build BuiltWorlds, the business.
Beyond being an equal opportunity employer, BuiltWorlds is very proud to lead the industry in efforts to promote diversity of all types. We welcome and encourage people with relevant qualifications to apply, especially if you bring diversity in your background.