Watch your engineering work come to life in landmark projects around the world when you partner with Syska Hennessy Group! As a global leader in consulting, engineering, and commissioning services, we specialize in highly technical buildings and the systems that bring them to life. We are looking for an Innovation Program Manager to join our team in our corporate office located in New York, NY.
Our dynamic work environment provides the optimal setting to take your career to the next level. From our supportive culture; diverse workforce; and competitive compensation; to our flexible work schedules and fun social events, it’s everything you’ll need for an exciting, challenging, and rewarding career.
Syska Innovations was formed to help drive innovation throughout our industry. We have chosen to invest, incubate and advise in Innovation Focus Buckets such as: Eco-Innovation; Industrialization of design; Products and methods; SMART buildings; Project design; Project management; and Digitalization. As an Innovation Program Manager, you will be responsible for implementing creative strategies to create a work environment that uses updated and innovative technology, processes, and operations. You will be responsible for developing company programs and events that allow staff members to review the benefits of innovation, along with recent advancements in the AEC industry.
· Identify areas of improvement. Develop, drive and support potentially disruptive innovations forward from various stages of development (conceptual, incubation, implementation, etc.) at local and national levels.
· Research innovative trends within the AEC space to keep Syska current on any advancements in related fields and disciplines.
· Promote change through open innovation and encourage group or crowdsourcing tools and processes that inspire creative thinking.
· Educate and support business units and innovation coaches with new grass-root product/service initiatives and facilitator for scaling up these “pockets of innovation” across the enterprise.
· Guide, coach, and mentor local innovation teams through Syska internal ideation program SysDEV
· Responsible for documentation and communication of pilot programs at the project, regional and national levels.
· Aid in developing and running Syska’s BrightIdeas (Innovation platform) to crowdsource ideas at a regional and national levels.
· Ensure that ideas/initiatives are being handled by the correct functional group for scaling and implementation.
· Strategically guide/lead initiatives the Innovation Group is pursuing and determine whether they align with Syska Innovation Focus Buckets. This includes industry research, discovering technology trends and determining their value to Syska’s core business.
· Develop strategic partnerships with startups and outside vendors that align with Syska’s core values, Innovation goals, objectives, and strategy.
· Partners cross functionally with other SHG work groups (Information Technology, National BIM Team, MIS, Business Advisory Team, etc.).
· Participate in Corporate Innovation meetings, workshops, and initiatives.
· Assist with Syska Innovation Investment Fund Operations and Procedures
· Promote and lead a culture of Innovation within Syska, building relationships with regional leadership, project teams, and craft personnel.
· Drive the Syska annual Corporate Idea- a- Thon Contest
· Bachelor\\\\\\\’s Degree – Business, Engineering, Information Management
· Certified Innovation Professional (CInP)®, Certified Innovation Strategist (CInS)®
· Minimum of 7 years of working experience in a related field
· Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively drive a corporate ideation process.
· Strong analytical skills, with the ability to adapt to a constantly evolving technological environment.
· Ability to break down complex processes and apply design thinking and lean principles for solving business and project challenges.
· Exceptional understanding of various construction technologies.
· Establishes and builds cooperative working relationships with leadership and employees, motivating all to be pro-active in recognizing, developing, and implementing change.
· Familiarity with Autodesk, BlueBeam, SharePoint, Bright ideas, Software Programming (not required but desired).
· Exceptional communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
As a member of our highly collaborative team, we provide you with a flexible benefits package that reflects our respect for your workplace contributions, professional goals, and personal priorities. The personal benefits program at Syska Hennessy Group includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Roth 401(k) option
- Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Health Wellness Programs, including gym discounts, flu shots, and biometric screening
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training and professional development courses
- Professional Development Incentive Bonuses
- Opportunities for community outreach through internal networks
- A generous paid time off program (PTO)
- Transit/parking program
- Monthly business phone stipend
- Flexible summer work hours
At Syska, we have cultivated a community that supports learning and provides guidance for professional development and further our culture of excellence. We promote an environment that is committed to embedding diversity and equality into the core of our business and culture. We empower our employees so they can take ownership for their work and development and strive to continually improve themselves and our firm. We rely on the talent, drive, enthusiasm and the total job satisfaction of the great people who work here for our success! Syska is a place where you can build an exceptional career and have a lasting impact on the world.
Syska Hennessy Group – Creating Exceptional Environments