About our client
Our client simplifies the complex and intimidating process of managing your own rental property. And they do it through an elegant software platform for small, “do-it-yourself” landlords and their tenants.
They are a user-centric, product-driven company. They understand that delivering value to our landlords and tenants depends on prioritizing design, user research, experimentation, and shipping our product. The entire organization understands the value of design, starting with our CEO. You won’t have a problem convincing leadership to spend engineering resources to improve the visual design. Or advocating for why a project needs to be pushed back so we can do more user research.
If you join their team, you can look forward to working in a fast-paced, performance-driven startup environment. Your work will be shipped to production daily and used by hundreds of thousands of landlords and tenants every month.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a Manager of Product Design to lead the user experience, user interface, and branding efforts across all our products and assets. You’ll manage a team of designers and work closely with engineering, product management, product marketing, and customer experience to discover, improve, and define ways to delight our customers through a first-class product experience.
As a senior member of our Product Organization, you’ll also be expected to improve how we design and build product here.
As a Manager of Product Design, you will:
- Ensure the design team delivers high-quality work and lives us up to our Be Better virtues
- Give context, remove barriers, give feedback, and mentor members of the team
- Grow the design team and oversee the hiring process as we build out the company
- Get your hands dirty solving complex, interconnected design problems within our product
- Expand and own our design system
- Conduct both qualitative and quantitative user research. And coach others as they do the same.
- Work with Product Leadership to contribute to the overall roadmap
- Work with Engineers and QA to ensure the user experience and visual design matches your high standards
- Work with leadership to improve how the Product Organizations works
- Contribute to the planning and accomplishment of the Product Organization’s OKRs
You’ll need the following in this position:
- High standards and design “taste”—we believe design sets the standards for quality
- Ability to speak up when work doesn’t meet your high standards
- Proven track record of helping ship a high-quality product
- Strong general design skills, with one or two superpowers
- Experience using and contributing to a design system, bonus points if you oversaw one previously
- Experience leading user research
- A strong product and business “sense”
- Comfort working directly with our leadership team, pitching your ideas, defending your thoughts, and making product decisions
- At least 4-7 years of experience working as a product designer
- At least 1-2 years of people management experience
We care less about your specific degree or years of experience. Your design skills, speed of delivery, product sense, high standards, attention to detail, communication skills, emotional intelligence, etc. are more important to us.
Our main office is located in Fort Collins, Colorado. However, our team members are located throughout Denver and the Front Range. We have team members that work from home, at our office or a combination of the two. We do meet in person periodically in Fort Collins or Denver and expect you to do the same.
Our Be Better Culture:
At our company, we live by the Be Better mantra. Our high-performance culture makes us relentless in our efforts to Be Better at serving our landlords and renters, and in unlocking the potential in one another.
What does our Be Better culture mean to you?
- You’ll be in an environment that pushes you to reach your potential.
- You’ll make a massive impact on our landlords, renters, company, and the proptech industry.
- You’ll be on the highest performing team of your career.
We’re also proud to offer:
- Competitive compensation and PTO package
- Stock Options – an owner’s mindset is a big part of being a member of the TurboTeam
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans – with multiple plans covered at 100%
- 8 paid holidays per year + a paid day off for your birthday
- 401k Matching
- Annual bike tune-up reimbursement
Compensation range for this position: $125k – $150k / year. Final offer dependent on skills and experience.